AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Temp question

Registered Member

Default Temp question

Hi All
    I am treating some discus for hex after several sighns of what I think was intestinal lineing in the tank. I am useing a medicated food. The directions are to feed only that food for 3 days once a week for 4 weeks. I have read on simply that you need to raise the temp to 92 degrees and I did that. Can the fish handle the high temps for the 4 week treatment period?
    Thanks
    Earl

Real Name
    Stud Muffin

Default Re: Temp question

Quote Originally Posted by etr63
    Hi All
    I am treating some discus for hex after several sighns of what I think was intestinal lineing in the tank. I am useing a medicated food. The directions are to feed only that food for 3 days once a week for 4 weeks. I have read on simply that you need to raise the temp to 92 degrees and I did that.
    You only NEED to use elevated temps if your using Metrodiazinol. Its a Human specific med that wont work, or doesnt work as well...if the temps are less than human body temp.
    With that said...elevated temp can also be used to stimulate appetite, if they're not eating well, by speeding up the metabolism.

Can the fish handle the high temps for the 4 week treatment period?
    Yes, discus can handle the higher temps....You might want to add another airstone though. High temps=less oxygen.

Tony

Registered Member

Default Re: Temp question

Hi Tony
    Thanks for the reply. The food does contain Metrodiazinol and Prazi, sorry, I should have said that in my first post. I just wasnt sure if 4 weeks was too long at 92 degrees. The 2 in question are looking better after the first 3 day treatment.
    Earl