Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: OK, thinking of a showtank

Quote Originally Posted by tpl*co
    Kenny, Kenny, Kenny...

You know you are the cause of this...

Tina

Tina,

Great news about the tank. Now the fun begins! Look forward to the progress reports and the pics.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Registered Member

Tina & Marie,
    You two are SO bad!

Kenny & Paul,
    Stop encouraging them!

Ok, going back under my rock now

Larry

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Talking Re: OK, thinking of a showtank

Quote Originally Posted by lhforbes12
    Tina & Marie,
    You two are SO bad!

Kenny & Paul,
    Stop encouraging them!

Ok, going back under my rock now

Larry
    Oh no Larry...MORE DISCUS can enlighten and improve life tremendously. So as always...more encouragement!

LOL LOL LOL

Take care Larry,
    Kenny

LOL, first on the fun list, Paying for it! LOL. Still debating on the other light system for it. I'll probably put my 48 inch 2x 65 watt aqualight on it but I'll need another to suppliment it too. I'm thinking of selling off my 36 inch 2x96 watt aqualight (either separately or with the Bowfront I have it on). I want to get it at or a little over 3 watts per gallon. (my bow probably has about 4 watts a gallon). The tank is 5 feet by 20 inches .

The funny thing is my DS (dear son) spilled the beans on me. He asked me if just the price was secret or the news on the whole tank. DH was very happy with the news that I'd be getting rid of a couple of tanks. Then my son spilled that I'd be getting another tank too. He said he wasn't mad, but DH hasn't mentioned he knows yet. KIDS!

Tina
    Last edited by tpl*co; 05-30-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Registered Member

Kenny,
    Actually I'll be watching this thread closely now since I want to see how Tina resolves this with DH. I've already been wondering about a similar scenario if I come out there this November.

Larry: Hi Honey, I'm home
    Ingrid: Hi Honey... what are you doing with all those rams and discus?
    Larry: Well... I have this friend Kenny and I got them from him.
    Ingrid: Idiot! Where are you going to keep them?
    Larry: I'm glad you asked! While I was there I stopped by AquaTraders, it's right in South City! I only got (3) 80 gallon and (2) 60 gallon tanks though..
    Ingrid: Dead Idiot!

Larry

Tina & Larry I wish you both the very best of luck!! It sounds like you may need it
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Thanks Larry for the super funny dialogue)

I'm seeing divorce papers being handed out there for the both of you soon(j/k)...so as Paul said,
    "Good Luck you two!"

Now it's no turning back Tina & Larry!(especially Tina since she had already paid for the tank and has officially passed the point of no return)

Funny thread.

Kenny

ps: Tina I told you you should have saved some bucks for bribing your son! Should've gotten like a 800g instead of a 1000g you got! LOL (oh sorry Tina btw how many gallons is this new tank of yours? I thought it is a 1000g, yes?)
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 05-30-2006 at 04:45 PM.

Larry: Hi Honey, I'm home
    Ingrid: Hi Honey... what are you doing with all those rams and discus?
    Larry: Well... I have this friend Kenny and I got them from him.
    Ingrid: Idiot! Where are you going to keep them?
    Larry: I'm glad you asked! While I was there I stopped by AquaTraders, it's right in South City! I only got (3) 80 gallon and (2) 60 gallon tanks though..
    Ingrid: Dead Idiot!

Larry
    add this Larry:

Ingrid: Be sure to sign your full legal name on the divorce papers. And Larry we'll settle this with me taking the house & the cars and you take these fish!

Larry: yes mamn...I'll be glad to.

LOL
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 05-30-2006 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy
    Kenny

ps: Tina I told you you should have saved some bucks for bribing your son! Should've gotten like a 800g instead of a 1000g you got! LOL (oh sorry Tina btw how many gallons is this new tank of yours? I thought it is a 1000g, yes?)

ROTFLMAO! If it was my son it would be a 1000 gallon tank since he wants an arrowana so bad! No, it's a 130 gallon . Spent a little extra dough to make sure it is pretty and matches the rest of the furniture

Larry, maybe you can use that as a trump card too?

"Honey, the current tanks just looked out of place and I got this other tank that looks much better in the room?..."

Of course think how much bigger tank you can get if she gets a single bed and has you sleep in the car... .

Tina

Tina,
    I have this unit over my 6 week old 125 http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=267
    I have a canopy and I disabled the 2 fans it comes with (too noisy) no problems so far at all. Inside the canopy is warm but not hot.

Larry,

I notice they have a web special going on, how would you rate the quality of their lights? Do they look like they'll hold up? I like my Coralife Aqualights for quality, but if these are just as good for a savings .

Tina

"Honey, the current tanks just looked out of place and I got this other tank that looks much better in the room?..."

Tina
    Come'on now Tina I've heard you said & used that as a trump card so many times already...this trick is getting old lol !

How about telling him/her that the new tanks/fish will greatly improve the Feng Shui of your house? I think it may just work guys!

Feng Shui definition by the Free Online Dictionary : "The Chinese art or practice of positioning objects, especially graves, buildings, and furniture(tank stand see?), based on a belief in patterns of yin and yang and the flow of chi that have positive and negative effects"

Just a suggestion of course...LOL

Kenny
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 05-30-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Registered Member

ROTFLMAO! If it was my son it would be a 1000 gallon tank since he wants an arrowana so bad! No, it's a 130 gallon . Spent a little extra dough to make sure it is pretty and matches the rest of the furniture

Of course think how much bigger tank you can get if she gets a single bed and has you sleep in the car... .

Tina
    Tina,
    Uhhhh... how do you think I got the 125? ;-)

Larry

Registered Member

Larry,

I notice they have a web special going on, how would you rate the quality of their lights? Do they look like they'll hold up? I like my Coralife Aqualights for quality, but if these are just as good for a savings .

Tina

Tina,
    Two things;

1. I own 4 of their PC light fixtures, so since you are obviously a very bright person, I'll let you decide.
    2. They ALWAYS have a web special.

I didn't know until today that you are in the Sac area. If I were you, I would definately go to the store. It's not THAT far from you and shipping from them is VERY expensive.

Larry

It occurs to me that I didn't actually asnwer your question very well. I like them, they are suprisingly well made, they fit the tops of the tanks they are on very well (except for the 4' 260 watt model, which does fit, just not well)
    I find that they give me quite adequate light to grow any plants I want to grow (I do use pressurized CO2 on the plant tanks though). All in all I think they are an extremely good deal. Be very careful when you buy them because they often have the same fixture listed many times, that's because they have different bulb configurations, and it pays to get one for a freshwater planted tank (they come with the bulbs already installed and is a part of the deal). Their bulb prices are also very good too. When it's time just give me a call (remind me to PM the phone #'s) and I'll be glad to help, or since Kenny is right there, perhaps he could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy
    Come'on now Tina I've heard you said & used that as a trump card so many times already...this trick is getting old lol !

How about telling him/her that the new tanks/fish will greatly improve the Feng Shui of your house? I think it may just work guys!

Feng Shui definition by the Free Online Dictionary : "The Chinese art or practice of positioning objects, especially graves, buildings, and furniture(tank stand see?), based on a belief in patterns of yin and yang and the flow of chi that have positive and negative effects"

Just a suggestion of course...LOL

Kenny
    Hey Kenny,

I can still use it since DH is changing the room furniture . He got a new entertainment unit and big screen TV! How can my 50 gallon bowfront compete with the likes of that?! The entertainment unit is cherry and my tank is Oak, doesn't work in the space anymore. DH explicitly stated "Doesn't mind tanks as long as it is nice and fewer tanks..." well, I think I'm thoroughly justified

Hmmm, how would a tank in the middle of the room between the front door and a glass back door do with the chi energy? It'll be on the right side of the room though dividing great room between the dining and living rooms .

Tina

Tina

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast