AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blue Rams

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Rams

Hello Brian - yes I keep my rams just like Marie does. My ph is about 7.6, Temp = 82-83 and I'm blessed with quite soft water here.(< 75 ppm)

Kenny

Kenny, Al will teach you shipping. For little fish like rams it should be easy I'll be a guinea pig for the shipping

I keep my rams in similar water to Kenny. Temperature stays somewhere between 82 - 84F and the pH is between 7.6 - 7.8. My water's not soft like Kenny's, but they still spawned and showed great colors.

Ryan

Registered Member

Kenny,
    Yeah, what Ryan said. My 125 could still use a few more. Plus I would like to add to my breeding stock. Gimme a price and I'm there!

Larry

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy
    Hello Brian - yes I keep my rams just like Marie does. My ph is about 7.6, Temp = 82-83 and I'm blessed with quite soft water here.(< 75 ppm)

Kenny

Can you a pipe to my house? The water here is about 9 gdh butt the discus are doing good so I am not worried about getting rams too much.
    Brian

Talking Re: Blue Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit

YOU?

You mean to tell me YOU do not know how to do something? WoW ~ go figure ~ and you are my HERO too ~

Do you want me to drive down to the City and show you how? O.k.a.y. O.k.a.y..........if you insist Kenny ~

xo ~
    Oh no Marie there're a lot of stuff I dunno know...no surprise there. I'm not sure about the hero part but I'm really glad I was able to help in some way. Thank you for your kind words Marie.

I'm waiting for you to come down in July and show me the shipping part...now please don't start hiding like Larry did lol.

LOL

Kenny
    ps: when you come Marie maybe bring Candy-the shipping consultant over as well? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Smith
    Kenny, Al will teach you shipping. For little fish like rams it should be easy I'll be a guinea pig for the shipping

I keep my rams in similar water to Kenny. Temperature stays somewhere between 82 - 84F and the pH is between 7.6 - 7.8. My water's not soft like Kenny's, but they still spawned and showed great colors.

Ryan
    Thanks for the suggestion Ryan. Al did teach me already but...you know what Ryan I think I'll just stick with learning from Marie this time. LOL

Thanks again Ryan,
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by BIGFOOT
    Can you a pipe to my house? The water here is about 9 gdh butt the discus are doing good so I am not worried about getting rams too much.
    Hi Brian - lol I don't think I can pipe it to your house, but it's really not necessary imo. I just happened to have soft water from my water supply but they should do fine in harder water as well. I've seen hobbyists raising these guys out in water > KH 10 and they were fine.

Hope you'll find the rams you're looking for Brian.
    Kenny

Registered Member

Thanks Man..... I got a line on a local breeder just found him, he said his babys will be read in a month or so. It might be worth my wait. Till then I have a lot of work getting a tank ready for them.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy
    ps: when you come Marie maybe bring Candy-the shipping consultant over as well? lol

Brat!!!! I'll be there Kenny... wouldn't miss this trip for anything!!!!
    Candy

Quote Originally Posted by candyl70
    Brat!!!! I'll be there Kenny... wouldn't miss this trip for anything!!!!
    Anytime Candy! It'll be my pleasure.

:-)

Kenny

Kenny,
    I'll be a guinea pig too
    Frank

Hello Frank - I'll tell you what friend...all these proven rams pairs will be going to a pair of great hands tomo: Jon aka Wine Country Discus(he's a sponsor of SD here). He's very good at artificial breeding and the best thing is that he ships too(I think)! I'm seeing more of these rams in places I've never seen b4 lol!

Take care Frank.
    Kenny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123