AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 1 week without feeding?

Registered Member

Default 1 week without feeding?

hey guys! I'm going on vacation for 1 week and have no one to feed my discus. They are a little over 1 year old. I have asked my local fish store and he said it's not a problem.

Registered Member

Default Re: 1 week without feeding?

Fish can usually go for a couple of weeks without food, so it should be no problem. They will be very hungry when you get back, of course.

one week no problema. Folks have left their discus w/o food for 2 weeks. I'll be going on some 10 day vacations too.

best advice I've seen was to fatten them up a week before your vacation. Several days before you leave stop feeding them and do large water changes up until you leave. They'll poop out all their food you gave them and the large water changes will help keep your water clean.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundfan
    one week no problema. Folks have left their discus w/o food for 2 weeks. I'll be going on some 10 day vacations too.

best advice I've seen was to fatten them up a week before your vacation. Several days before you leave stop feeding them and do large water changes up until you leave. They'll poop out all their food you gave them and the large water changes will help keep your water clean.
    Excellent advice.