ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: NAME AND LOCATION PLEASE?

Real Name
    Mark

Default Re: NAME AND LOCATION PLEASE?

Hello everybody. My name is Mark. I live in fabulous Las Vegas, NV. I love riding my 2015 Indian Chieftain Motorcycle and I love Discus Fish. P.S. Merry Christmas Everybody I want 4 Wild Brown Discus with Red Eyes, 4 White Butterfly Discus with Blue Trim/Red Eyes, and 4 Red Dragons with flashes of blue in them also.... LOL!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Last edited by Las Vegas; 12-14-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Rikske View Post
    Eric Belgium - Brussels
    welcome to SimplyDiscus Eric

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas View Post
    Hello everybody. My name is Mark. I live in fabulous Las Vegas, NV. I love riding my 2015 Indian Chieftain Motorcycle and I love Discus Fish. P.S. Merry Christmas Everybody I want 4 Wild Brown Discus with Red Eyes, 4 White Butterfly Discus with Blue Trim/Red Eyes, and 4 Red Dragons with flashes of blue in them also.... LOL!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Welcome to you too Mark! Love Vegas! In fact, I am going there this weekend to visit one of my friends. Lovely motorcycle you have there as well. Happy Holidays.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    welcome to SimplyDiscus Eric
    Thank you

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chi tai

Hi All,

Nice to be in this group.
    My name is Chi, Hackettstown, NJ.

Although I've been using the forum for I think 6 or so years, I don't think I ever really did post here. In short, I started keeping discus when I was 12. Saved all my lawn cutting money to buy wilds and support them. Kept them until I went off to WVU for 4 years. From there had a great run in the Marine Corps (enlisted and then commissioned) but no time for discus obviously. Met my beautiful wife during a point in time where I had the option to continue in the Marine Corps or get out. I miss the Marine Corps and always will but I don't think I would've had my wife and two awesome sons had I stayed in. Moved on down to Charleston (where I met her), got synched up with some ol' retired Marines who were doing DoD contracting, ... and then it hit me one day, "Oh s---, I can keep discus again... and I can get a boat and fish again... and I can surf again..." so on and so forth. Just got done with my MBA this past December (uggghhhhh... long nights/weeks plus work) and now got a great new job as an ops manager/director of marketing for a small, well-financed medical service/device start-up.

So for now, I'm beginning to transform my current discus tank (150) into a nearly all brown-based red group of discus.

Here's what I look like. Horrible picture and meant to find something where I was wearing a shirt but just realized I have no pics of me. Hell, even my oldest son in the pic has swollen eyes from the sand blowing around that day while we were fishing a "secret spot" :P

Here's one with shirt. Guess that pic was around 6 years ago. Great fishing day and put sister-in-law on her first redfish there.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me on here. If I could change anything on here then I would make a rule that every thread must have pics
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    sergio rubio

Hi there guys!! My name is Sergio, I live in Toledo, OH. I'm originally from Madrid (Spain). I´m in this hobbie almost my whole live, But I´m new in discus so I will need your help!! LOL. Great to be here!!!

Real Name
    Naz

Quote Originally Posted by sergiofly78 View Post
    Hi there guys!! My name is Sergio, I live in Toledo, OH. I'm originally from Madrid (Spain). I´m in this hobbie almost my whole live, But I´m new in discus so I will need your help!! LOL. Great to be here!!!
    Hi Sergio,Welcome to SimplyDiscus
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Hey Guys,
    My name is Gary from NJ. I have been a fish keeper for years but have recently stumbled into Discus. I currently have a 110 gallon setup with Turquoise and Red discus. I have jumped in with these guys head first and so far its a blast. My most successful endeavor is making food for them(even though my wife was grossed out)!

Real Name
    Naz

Hi Gary,Welcome to SimplyDiscus
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Ricardo

A big welcome to the forum Gary

Making your own food saves money in the long run.

Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    colin

hi everyone my name is colin i reside in glencairn ont and was heavily thinking of getting back into the aquarium hobby .i allways wanted to raise discus but at that time in my life it was finnancially and physically impossible .its a beautiful fish and i allways loved the parenting instincts i was thinking of getting into breeding them as a hobby and maybe a little money coming in wouldnt hurt either lol .

Real Name
    Naz

Hi, Welcome to SimplyDiscus. Nice to have another Ontarian aboard.
    Quote from Colin Powell

Real Name
    Ricardo

Welcome on board Colin

Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Chris

Hello Everyone, my name is Chris from London Ontario, I ve had fish tanks for as long as I can remember, I'd say about 6 yrs ago I had gotten my first discus and ever since then it has become an obsession, now I currently have 16 of them. My display tank is a 120 gallon tall with a 35 gallon sump, I also run a ehiem classic 600 cannister, I also have a 75 gallon that I have just started putting breeding pairs into, hopefully that leads to some more succeses, who would ever thought that little old ten gallon tank 30 yrs ago would turn into this. It's always great to read and learn about other people's experiences not just in fish but in life. Thanks for having me here.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast