AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PYTHON PROBLEM!

Real Name
    Debbie Patterson

Default Re: PYTHON PROBLEM!

Hey Marie, I had a lot of problems out of mine and to solve the length problem without the connector that leaked I just bought a 75 foot lenght of clear hose from a hardware store and attached all the parts from the python that I needed. I now have 2 python hoses ,A short one for around the kitchen and a long one for the living room. I just used the excess pieces from the other hose to use it with the sink and you can use a waterbed filler type attachment to your sink .They are the same as the python attachment.
    Just remember if you use both hoses at the same time to watch them. I can fill and drain at the same time and often forget about the filling one.LOL

HTH
    Debbie

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Deb what a great idea!!! Thank You!! Tina ...no it didnt work

Tony ~

Check this out ....my arrow indicates where the leak comes from....I went and got some new washers and they were hard to get in as they were not flexible like what was in there ~

Still leaks ~ not as much but ~ ALSO...where that arrow is ...the whole thing turns...and it never did before! On the other sections like this one ...they are tight...but this one wont tighten!

Im tellin ya that drink is lookin better and better (except i dont really drink so i guess itz chocolate!)

Marie ~
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit
    Deb what a great idea!!! Thank You!! Tina ...no it didnt work

Tony ~

Check this out ....my arrow indicates where the leak comes from....I went and got some new washers and they were hard to get in as they were not flexible like what was in there ~

Still leaks ~ not as much but ~ ALSO...where that arrow is ...the whole thing turns...and it never did before! On the other sections like this one ...they are tight...but this one wont tighten!

Im tellin ya that drink is lookin better and better (except i dont really drink so i guess itz chocolate!)

Marie ~
    From your pictures it's leaking in THREE places... I doubt that very much. I think Tony's suggestion was a good one (Hey Tony when did you change your name to Tim?) get drunk.
    Of course you could fix it instead I guess. Since you are only showing a very tiny portion of your Python I will assume that it is the connection between the gravel washer thingie, and the long part of the hose. Try replacing the host part with a regular hose, Any hose will work. If it still leaks, take two drinks and call me in the morning.

Dr. Larry

Registered Member used2bBubbles's Avatar

Wow, Marie! I take a little snooze on Sunday afternoon and wake up to all he!l breaking loose at your house! Geez, woman!!!

I, too, have a python, and oddly enough, it has begun leaking BIG TIME. Unfortunately, it is not doing the leaking where yours is. I don't separate my python; don't even use the lever to stop the flow.

But what I have found over the years I've had it is that the parts do wear out. Like Marilyn said, they're only plastic, and I'm sure the python people make their money on us poor mopes that have to buy replacement parts. But it sounds like that is what your problem is, that something is worn out somewhere in that mess.

My python, on the other hand, is sending water down the faucet and all over the vanity interior. Or shooting the water all over the vanity top until it rolls over onto the floor.

I hate it when these things don't work right because they are such a help.

I wish I could be more help to you, but I think I'd bite the bullet and buy that replacement part. . . and I'd have a large hot fudge sundae until then. . . .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by used2bBubbles
    I wish I could be more help to you, but I think I'd bite the bullet and buy that replacement part. . . and I'd have a large hot fudge sundae until then. . . .
    A drink I say! Actually a LARGE one...

Kathi,
    You need a new pump, Big Al's has them.

Registered Member used2bBubbles's Avatar

Larry, how do you know it's the pump?

may sound dumb and may not be the case, but a few grains of sand in the threads will cause it not to screw on tightly (and can also cause the threads to wear leading to cross-threading). were you syphoning sand when this happened?

Tim ~ yes I was siphoning sand ~ and I thought exactly what you typed actually so I looked as that being the ONLY explanation....

but nothing looks worn Tim and there isnt any sand .....and it leaks even more now....I had to finish my wc with a bucket under that part ...which still dribbles everywhere~

Not a good day for me on many levels

Real Name
    Stud Muffin

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit
    ....my arrow indicates where the leak comes from
    Ok....check the new diagram....

'B' cant leak unless its broken....because 'A' is one solid piece of plastic.
    SOOOOooooo

ALSO...where that arrow is ...the whole thing turns...and it never did before! On the other sections like this one ...they are tight...but this one wont tighten!
    Ok...from the new picture I found 'C' looks like it has (or is supposed to have) ridges on it....these would be the threads that the black compression nut screws down to.....If the black nut doesnt screw down tightly on 'A'......that means 'C' is stripped and the whole thing is 'F'ed

Get drunk!

Tony

Real Name
    Brian

It's Bush's fault!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_S
    Ok....check the new diagram....

'B' cant leak unless its broken....because 'A' is one solid piece of plastic.
    SOOOOoooooTony
    So water can not be coming out of 'B'.....but I cld have sworn....I will re check that ~

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_S
    Ok...from the new picture I found 'C' looks like it has (or is supposed to have) ridges on it....these would be the threads that the black compression nut screws down to.....If the black nut doesnt screw down tightly on 'A'......that means 'C' is stripped and the whole thing is 'F'ed

Get drunk!

Tony

******** Tony!! You are cracking me up! Okay...The black casings ...nut thingy....DOES screw down tightly on 'A' On that diagram ...where I put MY arrow ( how did you get your arrow so perfect anyways?) THAT part ...Tony ...turns...

I am going to work on this more in the morning ~ If I deal with it once more....tonight...

Tony....what can I say? Thanks ~ once again ~

Thanks Guys!! Kathi ~ Marilyn ~ Larry ~ Deb ~ I will reply more later as I have CHOCOLATE waiting.....and to eat it soooooooo late...some wild a$$ dreams ...make no mistake about that!

M ~

Quote Originally Posted by jeep
    It's Bush's fault!!!

LOL! Brian ~ go away!!

Registered Member

Larry, how do you know it's the pump?
    Mainly because someone, who shall remain nameless, made this statement;

My python, on the other hand, is sending water down the faucet and all over the vanity interior. Or shooting the water all over the vanity top until it rolls over onto the floor.

Real Name
    Mike

Chuck it in the garbage and spend the 10 bucks on new female and male connectors, then sit down and eat that chocolate bar!

I did Mikey ( now i gotta run that extra mile ~ even tho it was only 2 grahams of fat ~ Deb was suppose to come get one but did she? that' be a Hell No)

I have not messed with the item yet this morning ~ I have rec'vd some pretty K00L advice thru pm however

What really bugs me is that nothing looks dif or appears worn or broke or worn ( did i say that? ) down!!

Marie ~

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast