ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PYTHON PROBLEM!

Registered Member used2bBubbles's Avatar

Default Re: PYTHON PROBLEM!

oh YUMMMMMM, Marie!!! What are those delicious looking chocolate things???? Yup, chocolate can make any situation at least a little better....

Now Dr. Forbes, will you please explain why MY python quit leaking when I hooked it up to the kitchen faucet???? I swear. These things are great when they work. And when they don't.........&^%(#@!

So what's the situation today, Marie???

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by used2bBubbles

I am afraid I have not messed with the SNAKE today lol!! I'm guessin tho I need to get some replacement parts even tho nothing looks worn torn or otherwise F'd up and it has been working FINE for a YEAR!

Wanna share my cake with me

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit
    I am afraid I have not messed with the SNAKE today lol!! I'm guessin tho I need to get some replacement parts even tho nothing looks worn torn or otherwise F'd up and it has been working FINE for a YEAR!

Wanna share my cake with me
    I hear you. I had to replace the pump about 1 1/2 years ago--looked fine but wouldn't work. For the last several years I always used it in one bathroom until last week we found it had been leaking down into the vanity. So my husband hooked it up to my bathroom, which is carpeted, and the sink was clogged and water went all over. GRRRRRR. Last night he hooked it up to the kitchen sink faucet, and TA DA! it worked. Go figure.

Yea I do want some cake...,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate....

Registered Member

oh YUMMMMMM, Marie!!! What are those delicious looking chocolate things???? Yup, chocolate can make any situation at least a little better....

Now Dr. Forbes, will you please explain why MY python quit leaking when I hooked it up to the kitchen faucet???? I swear. These things are great when they work. And when they don't.........&^%(#@!

My best guess would be muscle power. Actually I shouldn't even be answering this, since I do use a Python but I don't use the pump.

Marie,
    Did you try hooking a regular hose to your Python yet?

Larry, why do you use the python but not the pump? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm not understanding this....

Quote Originally Posted by lhforbes12
    Marie,
    Did you try hooking a regular hose to your Python yet?

Well Larry ...see ~ that'd be No...cuz I really don't know what you mean a reg hose ....as a outside hose?? If that is what you mean the only 2 hoses we HAVE ...well one is only 3 feet cuz TITAN took the rest of it ...and the front hose ...well I kinda ran over it and squashed the part you would screw into anything

Hey....itz tough bein me ya know?

I am going to work on that Python now My African tank really needs a wc

Marie ~

Well Larry ...

Marie ~
    I hear ya, Marie!

And I'm just as confused about doing anything different with these pythons. . .

Registered Member

Larry, why do you use the python but not the pump? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm not understanding this....
    To drain my tanks. I don't use the pump because I use it as a syphon drain. In the basement it drains into a sump, upstairs it drains to the backyard.

Real Name
    Mike

Yes..Regular outside hose. The threads on the python are exactly like the hose or outside water spicket. You can extend the overall length of your python by hooking up a hose to the end and then you can drain your water to backyard garden if you wanted. Plus, the lower the drain end, the better suction you get. drain to sink...low suction / drain to ground outside...much better suction.

Registered Member

Well Larry ...see ~ that'd be No...cuz I really don't know what you mean a reg hose ....as a outside hose?? If that is what you mean the only 2 hoses we HAVE ...well one is only 3 feet cuz TITAN took the rest of it ...and the front hose ...well I kinda ran over it and squashed the part you would screw into anything

Marie ~
    Uhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Mikscus
    Yes..Regular outside hose. The threads on the python are exactly like the hose or outside water spicket. You can extend the overall length of your python by hooking up a hose to the end and then you can drain your water to backyard garden if you wanted. Plus, the lower the drain end, the better suction you get. drain to sink...low suction / drain to ground outside...much better suction.
    Thanks MIKE! Ya know sometime one just has to put it in BLONDE terms

I'm the same as Larry. I don't use the pump part of the python, waste of water. I just use my gravel cleaner to get a syphon going, vacuum the gravel and drain down the tank.

I then have a long hose (Home Depot - way cheaper) with one end threaded onto the tap and the other end has a ball valve which I can open and shut when needed. Way cheaper, less water wastage and works great!

.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Real Name
    Mike

Marie ~
    What do you mean...he took it? Did he get hungry or just make it a toy? These things could only happen to you Marie, lol. You are so Funny!
    I thought you would appreciate that explanation. Sometimes I need it put into simple terms also.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by traco
    I'm the same as Larry. I don't use the pump part of the python, waste of water. I just use my gravel cleaner to get a syphon going, vacuum the gravel and drain down the tank.

I then have a long hose (Home Depot - way cheaper) with one end threaded onto the tap and the other end has a ball valve which I can open and shut when needed. Way cheaper, less water wastage and works great!
    Yep! Exactly how I do it too, except I actually have a very expensive drinking water hose to refill the tanks... don't ask. I do love that hose though, it's extremely flexible and never kinks and is long enough so I can do all the tanks without ever changing the faucet it's hooked to.

Real Name
    Stud Muffin

I am going to work on that Python now

Sweet Jesus Marie your STILL screwing around with that thing!?

What the..?..!..?..!..? JUST FIX THE DAMN THING!!

ok...deeeeep breaths....deeeeeeeeeep breaths.....for me..not YOU!

One more thing you can try...otherthanbuynewpartswhichyoushouldhavedoneal ready

If all the parts seem sound....and the threads dont seem stripped...
    Undo the compression fitting and pull the fitting out of the hose...
    Cut 2 or 3 inches of the hose off and put it back together again.

If it still leaks after you've done that....well....I.....I.....Just dont give a ******** anymore!!

Tony

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast