AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Otos with ...

Registered Member

Default Re: Otos with ...

I had Otos in my tank for almost a year and never saw any problems, until a pair formed and laid on the back glass.....

The two Otos seemed to make a b-line for the Female and started attaching to her side.....Needless to say they were not in there for long.........

The Female did seem to be able to shake them off but they kept coming back.........persistent little things !!!!

Registered Member

Default Re: Otos with ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit
    Otocinclus Algae Eater Otocinclus affinis - LDA 23

Size: up to 2 inches, pH: versatile Temp: 74-84°F; pH 6.8-7.5 Origin: South America

Food: New Life Spectrum "Community Formula" or "H20 Stable Wafers" found at Fish Foods

Good rule of thumb for stocking: No more than 1 per 3 gallons of water depending on your plant load. Ideal tank mates include: Livebearers, Angels, Discus, Tetras, Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, Rainbowfish, Gouramis, Loaches, Plecos, and other scavenger Catfish. Very sweet, not aggressive! These cute little fellas will gently pick algae off leaves without hurting your plants and scavenge the bottom of your tanks as well! Size at shipping: about 1.25"

Larry This is what we are talking about right?^^ Cld you when you have time go to this site and tell me what you think about this one I am interested in?

http://www.azgardens.com/algae_eating_fish.php

I wanted the Hill Stream Loach.... If not I will get the Oto! whatcha think? And.......

Do I even have room in my 55gal ~ I have five discus and 9 rams...
    Marie,
    I actually have O. vittatus, not that I meant to get that species, but it's what the LFS had at the time. Mine look slightly different.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123