AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My SMALL Fishroom

Default My SMALL Fishroom

Well i put it off long enough and now that my fish are laying eggs ike crazy .......... I needed a better setup. I have very limited room so im using half of my back room for a small 8' x 9'8" fish area.

I'll update this as i go and its definately a SLOW process right now as not only space is limited ........ but my funds are too.... lol.

Below is a pic of the area after ripping out the carpet, using some wood putty in the cracks & holes and walls painted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (78.1 KB, 875 views)

Default Re: My SMALL Fishroom

The other half of the room which is my now my smaller office piled in with all kinda junk at the moment .... lol.
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (82.0 KB, 1067 views)
    Last edited by CAGE-RATTLER; 08-22-2006 at 03:10 AM.

Puttied spots all sanded down and linoleum down.

The linoleum was definately not my 1st choice and really doesnt match the grey carpet or the adjoining kitchen to well or the color of my gorilla racks ...... but it was cheap and im hoping it will grow on me ..... lol. everyone else seems to like it.

Trying to save money and time ............ i decided not to glue it since its such a small area and it will have plenty to hold it down. I let it sit for a couple of days to make sure it wasnt going to buckle or bubble up on me and looks pretty good. Still need to put some baseboard around it yet.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (82.2 KB, 834 views)
    Last edited by CAGE-RATTLER; 08-22-2006 at 02:44 AM.

Still trying to figure the best way to run my drains ........... this is as far as ive gotten. Its a 2 inch line straight down through the floor and tied into my main drain line. Of course i had to use it so ive been running my python line down into it when draining instead of running out the back door ..... lol. Cant wait till its fully operational.
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (79.2 KB, 772 views)

Picked up a utilty sink the other day (still not plumbed) and built a rack for the 45 breeders today. Still undecided what color to paint it ......... or i might just leave it as is for now. I would have loved to find a 36 inch rack to match my 48's but no such luck. I might try to paint it to match the gorilla racks tho.
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (82.5 KB, 931 views)
    Last edited by CAGE-RATTLER; 08-22-2006 at 03:08 AM.

Im really surprised the wife hasnt complained about me blocking off half the window ....... lol. I had to come out 29 inches from the wall to hit the stud ..... and i'll still probably reinforce the floor if im going 3 high.

Its a tight squeeze sideways also with the 48 inch rack and sink there and i tried to center the sink at the window. I probably should have made a 30 inch rack for 29's there but i had the 45 breeders so they went there instead.

Still undecided whats going on top........ but i made the rack 24 deep so i can fit 3 20 highs up there easily. Till i get those, i may add deviders to the 45's and use them to house 4 pairs if needed.

The 48 inch rack also on that wall will probably get a 75 on the bottom and a 55. same with the 48 inch rack on the other wall. I have the 2 55's and can get the 75's already drilled with glass tops for $100 each.

Im thinking of selling the 55's tho and get some 65's and with the lower height ........ i could go 3 up with the 65's on each 48 inch rack. But that will be down the road i guess.

Since money is tight .... i'll probably just put my 2 55's on the one rack for now.
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (79.5 KB, 794 views)

Still no baseboard down yet!! Just seeing what everything will look like.
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (82.7 KB, 742 views)
    Last edited by CAGE-RATTLER; 08-22-2006 at 03:21 AM.

Thats it for now and hopefully i'll get the baseboard in tomorrow along with some drains and paint the rack .... maybe .... lol.
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (79.2 KB, 714 views)
    Last edited by CAGE-RATTLER; 08-22-2006 at 03:07 AM.

Registered Member aquaticplantman's Avatar

Nice. Looks like you'll be having a lot of fun in there. I'm especially jealous of your floor drain.

-- Matt H.

Lookin' good! I'm hoping to do something similar to my spare bedroom. Being on the 3rd floor of a condo I will definitly need to seal the floor and baseboards up tight. I'll also stick with two high racks to spread the weight around. The way I figure it, if the room is completed before the "Condo Board" knows what I'm up to, I'll be good to go. My neighbor had good results with that method when putting in his 5 foot square "skylight".

Kacey

Cool Re: My SMALL Fishroom

It looks really good. keep us posted
    MADE COMPLETE
    WWW.PDFCHURCH.COM

Registered Member Uncle Raymond's Avatar
    Real Name
    Raymond

Smile Re: My SMALL Fishroom

Cage,

Your off to a great start! Materials, tools, tank racks and the deep sink look like they are in place... "Full Steam Ahead"!!

Let us know when the project is complete.

Best of Luck,

U/R
    Last edited by Uncle Raymond; 08-26-2006 at 09:47 AM.
    Liberty is the Breath of Life to All Nations!

You go Cage. More tanks = more fish! Have fun with your project. It will be well worth it when it is complete.

Thanx all ............. It will certainly be nice when i get it finished.

Today i got the baseboards cut and painted, painted the window trim and door trim, finished up the rack (needed a top) and one coat of paint on it and getting ready to go out and put on a second coat.

I used a tan color that i used on the living room trim to paint the baseboards and window trim. It matched up real nice with the linoleum. I did leave the back wall window trim the same as the wall trying to get it to blend in with the wall better. We'll see how it looks when i get everything in.

Couldnt make up my mind on what color to paint the rack. It was either stain it, exterior brown or exterior white and i decided to just go with white.

I would have rather painted it black and sponge painted over that with silver to match my 48 inch racks.......... but decided the money for paint and the time wasnt worth it. The paint i used was just lying around in the shed from another project. I also went cheap on the baseboards and just used some material i had laying around too.

I'll try to post some pics later.

Registered Member

Nice...Cage. Keep up the good work and update often heheh.

BTW "My SMALL Fishroom"????? At least you have one...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast