ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oto eating slime coat of discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Oto eating slime coat of discus

I am on the verge of buying a few Albino BN's, I guess I'll have to hold off that bid and research some more.

billy
    55 gal. planted tank, Eheim 2213, Jager 150 watt heater, 130 watt PC lighting.

Default Re: Oto eating slime coat of discus

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    I was on the verge of buying some bristlenose since they are supposed to be harmless. Luckily, the guy I had ordered some from forgot to ship them, and a few days later someone posted how theirs had attached itself to the side of one of their Discus. Dropped all plans for BN's then and there.

Only Disucs in my Discus tanks. The UV's do a great job of controlling the algea.

Jim
    One out of thousands is not a bad record, but you are right discus with discus is the best way, even if the tank is planted there are many tricks to achieving algae free without algae eaters!

Quote Originally Posted by soundtweakers View Post
    I am on the verge of buying a few Albino BN's, I guess I'll have to hold off that bid and research some more.

billy
    If you want an algae eating type of fish BN are still the best, there are many other plecos that can be housed with discus though, you just have to remember that people can only relate their experiences and books or other hobbyists can only make generalizations. After all individual fish from the same species have different demeanor and personalities( I DON'T THINK that fishonality sounds to good )
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12