ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Having a hard time with thumbnails? Try browsers with tabs!

Default Having a hard time with thumbnails? Try browsers with tabs!

For those that are having a hard time with the thumbnailed format, I will suggest Firefox or the new Internet Explorer 7 because of the tabbed windows. Tabbed windows allow you to open several windows in one, which you can switch back and forth between with tabs. Here's a screenshot of what mine looks like:

By clicking on the a link (such as a thumbnail) with your mouse's scroll wheel, it will open in a new Tab. Technically it's still only 1 browser window, rather than having multiple windows opened when attachments are clicked on. When I'm viewing threads with attachments, I click all the attachments at once and let them open in new windows. Then I just flip through them and close them as I go. You can also use the tabbed window method to compare pictures -- you simply flip back and forth between the tab with a click of the mouse. This way there aren't multiple browser windows open and it's much easier to navigate.

I also use this tabbed method when opening new threads in a section on Simply. I go to the main page of a section, then click on each link with my scroll wheel to open all the new posts in new windows. Then I can just go through them one by one, closing each tab as I finish.

In my opinion, this kind of browsing is very helpful and I'm glad that IE 7 adopted it from Firefox in their new version.

You can get the new browsers here:

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

IE 7 Beta: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

Default Re: Having a hard time with thumbnails? Try browsers with tabs!

Well Ryan, I finally can get into the forum & read & post replies, after I found a guru to "fix" my pc, but no way can I see pics....I tried to download the IE 7, & it said 3+ hrs...what a joke!!! This is dial-up after all, & even mail with long downloads are impossible...The tech/guru who worked on my pc just laughed when I said I wanted the "7", said it would take 3 wks; after I got to 50%, was stopped cold, which I expected....I do get pics on "other" forums, so guess this is it for me until I can find a DSL, which I'm told may be in a few months, if you can believe that, & I don't...........c'est la vie! Dottie