ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just thought I would share a few pics.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Just thought I would share a few pics.

Ok, I remember now, lol... I kept all 3 of them. I'm curious as to what they will look like as adults...

Great looking fish guys!!! Brian.... I would have to come kick ya for culling those beauties Brat!
    Candy

Thumbs up Re: Just thought I would share a few pics.

What ever your doing keep it up! They look great, very healthy and very clean...

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Ok, I remember now, lol... I kept all 3 of them. I'm curious as to what they will look like as adults...
    Best of luck Jeep.

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Registered Member

I'm just curious, why had these fish been marked for culling? They sure look great now!

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by TheXman View Post
    I'm just curious, why had these fish been marked for culling? They sure look great now!
    Because I'm way too picky about my fish and I'm way too inexperienced at spotting the potential of young ones. With the help of the experts here, I hope to work on that

Just a little update. My larger MP (the one in my avatar) and the Golden female (second post, second pic) have paired off and spawned twice. They are a little young so no hatching yet but I am going to move them to their own 29 gal. and soften the water up a bit just to see if I can get a wiggler to confirm the pair. Keepng my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by troyclark; 11-28-2006 at 03:20 PM. Reason: clarification

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and University Discus_KC's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jack

Congrats Troy !!!!!!

Jack
    (816) 517-4529

Here's a pic of the hopefully happy couple.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Brian

Nice Troy!!! When can I expect my babies??

You did an excellent job raising those culls

Brian, if they ever get it right you have your pick of any I can grow out. Its the least I can do for all the help you given me. (Not to mention culls). I can't wait to see the MP/Golden offspring. BTW, how are the albinos doing. Any luck with spawing them yet ?? The large Golden male with the forhead bump I got a while back spawed with a turk during Thanksgiving. The eggs were still there when I left for Colorado and when I can back 5 days later the wigglers were swarming Mom and Dad. Hope to get some good ones out of them also. So far haven't lost a one and they are getting huge eating as much brine shrimp as I can get hatched for them.

Oh yeah, I was wanting to ask you a question. I am using solar salt to rear my brine shrimp. Do you see any future problem with this. I rinse them alot before I give them to my babies and the babies go absolutely nuts for them. I just figured the solar salt was a whole lot cheaper than sea salt or rock salt and I already had it on hand. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Talk at you later.

Be Good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by troyclark; 12-06-2006 at 01:11 AM.

Real Name
    Brian

Hi Troy,

Good for you!! That ones sis just spawned with a Santarem in a community tank a few days ago. I just checked and they have wigglers

Solar salt is good for BBS. Thats exactly what I use and I don't even rinse them before feeding...

Unfortunatley, me and the Albino aren't seeing eye to eye. He's turning out to be a terrible egg eater!! Won't even let the eggs make it to the cone. He got thumped on the head the other day. Maybe he'll think twice next time

Take care!!
    Last edited by jeep; 12-06-2006 at 11:52 AM.

I put the two hopefull parents in a 30 gallon with spawning cone, cooler temp, and just did a water change tonight with alot of RO water to really get the TDS down just to see if I get any wigglers. As luck would have it they are spawing right now and I have seen the male MP doing multiple passes. It looks like there is about 150 + eggs. I am going to go to bed and quit pestering them and see what there is to see tomorrow. Should I dose the tank with Meth Blue as a precaution or just let nature take its course ?? Thanks

P.S. Brian, with any luck I just might be able to return the favor of the fish you've given me pretty darn soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I HAVE WIGGLERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran downstairs this morning to check the progress on my MP male and Golden female and found that there are around 20-30 wigglers. Not a huge spawn but pretty good considering how young the MP is. I am absolutely on cloud 9. Ever since they laid the eggs they have both been very diligent with the eggs. I just hope they are the same when it comes to raising.

Has anyone crossed a MP with a Golden ??? I was wondering what the babies might look like when grown. Thanks for listening to me ramble but I am so excited there is no way I am going to be able to go back to sleep LOL.

Real Name
    Brian

LOL!! Good job Troy!!

MP x Golden should turn out some really clean MP's and Goldens since they are both PB's and both pepperless...

I'm really surprised that MP male is fertile at this early age. Maybe that's the one that should have stayed here

Were they in tap water or RO? Just curious because I recently had a very successful spawn in straight tap water with a TDS of around 450...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast