ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never get tired of .....

Default Never get tired of .....

Angela posted a pic in our spotlight of a cross we are trying. Thought I would update with... 6 day old fry . This is a good example of how a Blue Diamond will darken with fry attached. Enjoy......

Last edited by Green Country Discus; 10-31-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Default Re: Never get tired of .....

Andrew,

That is one of the best Blue Diamonds that I have ever seen. I love the high body/high fins. Not to mention the beauty of all the fry. Is that the male or the female? Just one I start to think my fish are starting to look good either you or Mario have to set me back a few light years.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can never get enough of good quality discus.

Dan

Thanks Dan for the kind words. This is the male with the fry. We find that the men get-ur-done better with the fry raising.We are looking for solid F1's in light blue/white. F2's will tell the story if this is a good mix. We will see what happens. Both parents have some quality to give the fry .

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Never get tired of .....

Wow look at that proud, handsome parent with his babies! Definitely 1 of the best frys on their parents pics I've seen and that's with an awesome looking dad...great job!

Kenny
    ps: are you trying to create some Blue Butterflies here Andrew(and Angela)? Wishing you the most success!
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Hmm...Kenny...Blueflies.. LOL..!! Just rolling the genetic dice. Sure its been done before...but.. not with the exact fish? How are you my friend?? Hope all is well!

Hey Andrew,
    That's a nice looking pair and with fry to boot, good luck with them.
    Mario

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Hey Andrew ~ that is a great picture of the discus darkening...why do they get darker? I am not sure I read the reasoning behind that ~ Stress?

Marie ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit View Post
    why do they get darker? I am not sure I read the reasoning behind that ~ Stress?
    Partially maybe, because I'm sure raising that many babies is stressful on parents... but also to attract the fry to their sides to feed. That's one of the reasons why a lot of people had trouble getting fry to attach to light-colored fish like White Butterflies or Snow Whites.

Ryan

Andrew, that's a very nice BD .

Ronny

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit View Post
    Hey Andrew ~ that is a great picture of the discus darkening...why do they get darker? I am not sure I read the reasoning behind that ~ Stress?

Marie ~
    Marie, nothing to do with stress, it's how the parents atracked the fry to come to them. this is why breeding Discus gives you goosebumps.
    If you see one of the parents dark with the fry, the other parent comes, color up dark, the one who has the fry colors back to normal and you see the fry jump over to the dark one........ohhhhh I wish I had more time.

"Jessie"

by the way, very nice pair A & A.

Great pictures Andrew!!! I love your BD. Keep us updated on those fry I would love to see how they come out.
    Tiffany

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
    Partially maybe, because I'm sure raising that many babies is stressful on parents... but also to attract the fry to their sides to feed. That's one of the reasons why a lot of people had trouble getting fry to attach to light-colored fish like White Butterflies or Snow Whites.

Ryan

Thatz right! To attract the fry to the side ~ I had forgotten...So Ryan it is perhaps harder to breed WB because of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie555 View Post
    Marie, nothing to do with stress, it's how the parents atracked the fry to come to them. this is why breeding Discus gives you goosebumps.
    If you see one of the parents dark with the fry, the other parent comes, color up dark, the one who has the fry colors back to normal and you see the fry jump over to the dark one........ohhhhh I wish I had more time.

...Jessie ~ More time to explain or more time to watch such an event? I wish I cld see this! That wld be amazing! Thanks for sharing

Marie ~

Registered Member

excellent fishes. Exceptionally healthy.

Registered Member

Fry on parent pics are always nice!
    users.kent.net/~lisab/ - Lisa's Lair

Got to love those discus!

Its been about 3 weeks. I sure am glad Simply is back up and running. Thanks Al,Ryan and Paul for all your hard work. Thought I would give some update pics of this spawn. We moved dad when they were about 3 weeks old. They are now split in two tanks. It's real hard to get a good shot at this age. They won't hold still. The last 2 pics are today. Their B day is 10-25-06 .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast