AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can this be done?

Registered Member

Cool Re: can this be done?

Thanks Steve and there are times I miss Fairfild but you cant beat Fla. weather. Steve I guess that was your planted tank thread that Mystic gave me to read. That is a great looking tank and when I saw that and after te read I have made up my mind to get 6-8, 5 inch discus. I may go with dave from Atla. ThoseStendler discus look great{ never spent that much for plants} keep in touch Ed Ps do you play golf?

Default Re: can this be done?

Quote Originally Posted by tacks View Post
    Thanks Steve and there are times I miss Fairfild but you cant beat Fla. weather. Steve I guess that was your planted tank thread that Mystic gave me to read. That is a great looking tank and when I saw that and after te read I have made up my mind to get 6-8, 5 inch discus. I may go with dave from Atla. ThoseStendler discus look great{ never spent that much for plants} keep in touch Ed Ps do you play golf?
    Thanks Ed. But you know the problem with threads like that don't you... people post their good pics! I've done some dumb things in the tank since then and it has a lot of GSA on the Anubias now. Looks good at 5 feet away IMO, but up close you can see I'm letting things slip. I'm struggling with the balance of sand, discus, food, nutrients and plant biomass. It's OK mind you, but it's not perfect yet. So a word to the wise... it ain't easy.

Then again, no guts - no glory.

I love those Stendler's, and Dave was very helpful to me when I was looking.

And I do get out to Longshore every once in a while. But I'm afraid I had to give up golf when I realized that I had a job, a family, and a life. So now I just can't figure out how I got stupid enough to fall for this time-sink of a hobby. If I gave it up, getting in a quick 9 every once in a while would be a lot easier to schedule!
    Steve -
    Discus novice. Planted tank pilgrim.

Default Re: can this be done?

Quote Originally Posted by scolley View Post
    Thanks Ed. But you know the problem with threads like that don't you... people post their good pics!
    Steve you are definately one of the few that post the Good, Bad, an the ugly!
    Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12