ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Fedex Billing Rant

Angry Fedex Billing Rant

Hi all,
    Just a quick Fedex Rant here..

I have an account with Fedex... no big deal I barely use it these days... I got a letter dated Dec 18...

Recently we sent you an invoice and letter advising that the credit card listed on your Fedex Account declined payment for a shipment you charged to that account

TO Date, we have not received payment for these charges. Failure to timely pay these charges may result in the termination of your shipping privileges

Please contact FedeX at 877-459-6803 to pay all outstanding charges and update your credit card information.
    So I think to myself what the heck are they talking about....I haven't sent something on account in ages...Dial the number and you get an automated message that if you got a letter dated DEC 18th it was sent out to prompt some shippers to update their accounts credit card expiration date....Talk about a real crummy way of treating your customers...There was no outstanding invoices... no previous invoices unpaid and sent to me....they just wanted me to update my account.. when I started to complain about this being a cheesy way to do business...the accountant said that the message you get does say it a letter mistakenly sent out....The recorded message actually makes no mention of it being a mistake... and makes no apology.

Sorry but this just really irritates me..First thing I thought was someone was using my account without me knowing.

So if you got the letter too...beware... its not about what it says it is.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Fedex Billing Rant

Sounds like one of those Phishing scams..

Nope its a Fedex Mistake..I called them directly... sounds like they are getting alot flack over it too.. The more angry I got, the more determined I was to make waves..so I called back again... I got apologies and a better explaination that time.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Hi Al, that really sucks as a "business" method...that said, I recently brought in new fish, had an acc't with Fed-x with the hospital, so I updated it beforehand & kept tabs on the fish delivery....After reading so many stories of "lost fish" I was real concerned... they were p/u as 3:30pm EST in Fl...Fl to Memphis...& were on my doorstep here in the boondocks of west Tn at 9:30 am next morning, what is this CST? Whatever, anyway, I did call on the "box" at least 4X, gave directions to sev'l ppl, & made up huge fluorescent green posters & put'm on the poles on the main rd, cuz this is a dirt rd with new houses & absolutely no signs...worried that no one would find us, lol...the bill was more than I expected, but how could I complain with that kind of "special handling" & a good result delivering live fish.....JME, Dottie

Registered Member

Fed ex makes me crazy, but its a necessary evil. Their locations are pretty conveinent for me and I imagine for most people...
    Need your taxes done? Ask me I am a Licensed CPA!!!
    Most basic taxes done for $100-$125 including efile!!
    General Accounting and Book Keeping services available too!
    Bill.Eagan@EaganandCompany.com

Registered Member aquaticplantman's Avatar

That is terrible. Unfortunately it's not the only example of a big business playing dirty like that. A couple months ago I got one of those "privacy policy statements" from my credit card. You know, the little pamphlets that are written entirely in small print, and you just usually file them away without reading. Well I happened to glace at the part where it said "Effective December 1st, your default interest rate will rise to 29.99%". Later on it said I could opt out of that by sending a letter by November 23rd. So heck yes I opted out! Next time I used the card it was declined, hmmmmm. I called the credit card company that night and they said, "oh yeah, if you opt out of the interest rate change, it automatically closes your account". I said good ridance.

I'm not really suprised by any of these types of things anymore. I wonder what it's going to take to get big corporations to treat customers like they actually want their business. Until then, we have to keep a real close eye on our money.

-- Matt H.

Oh my gosh! I would be POed too. That would cause me un-necessary stress and I would have made waves too Al. Thats not right.
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

[QUOTE][....The recorded message actually makes no mention of it being a mistake... and makes no apology.
    /QUOTE]
    darn message machines and computer generated responses!!

Quite a big mistake!
    I hate machines that answer phones and I really hate all the "ques" (sp?) that we have to go through now a days. one rarely gets to talk to a real person. I suppose it can increase the prophet margin if they don't have to hire a person and a machine can answer many questions.....or just po the people so they hang up.... but I hate it.
    I can see where you have a genuine right to be po'd.
    Glad you got an apology.

Ardan