ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clay

Default Re: Clay

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23 View Post
    We don't get soilmaster select here otherwise I would have tried it by now.
    I have no personal experience with this stuff Paul. But from everything that you can read about this stuff its too bad you can't get it. Pound for pound, it appears that nothing else even comes close for value. I know that someone is gonna want to argue that point, but one good look over at PlantedTank where you have a whole lot of people that have used it - and other stuff to compare it with - you can see that it is great stuff for the money.
    Steve -
    Discus novice. Planted tank pilgrim.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by scolley View Post
    I have no personal experience with this stuff Paul. But from everything that you can read about this stuff its too bad you can't get it. Pound for pound, it appears that nothing else even comes close for value. I know that someone is gonna want to argue that point, but one good look over at PlantedTank where you have a whole lot of people that have used it - and other stuff to compare it with - you can see that it is great stuff for the money.
    I agree with this, Soil Master is the only substrate I use anymore. IMO it's the best I have ever used, and it's also cheap as hell. It's truly amazing stuff since even though it's lightweight it somehow holds down plants extremely well. It's one drawback for many people is its color(s), I use the charcoal which is grey but there are many other colors, none of them are what you would call nice though.
    There are 10 types of people on this planet; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You you were staring right at the soil master select a couple of nights ago!!

I would use this before the kitty litter...

If the Lesco in New Haven doesn't have it, let me know, I will pick it up from the Lesco here an bring it down.
    Mark

Thanks Mark!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12