ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Sump

Default Sump

Ok. So now I have purchased the 180 gallon I wanted for my fronts, so the discus kids get the 125 gallon ( when I get them)

The 180 gallon is a 72x18x30. I will stack em high in there for the fronts to have more usable areas.

The tank is a centre overflow. I will need to either get a pump for the supplied wet/dry, or just mae my own sump, which I think is maybe a better way to go. I have been reading and reading about sumps. Is there any easy way to so this??

Default Re: Sump

Quote Originally Posted by Reel North View Post
    Is there any easy way to so this??
    In a word No! but check this thread out http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=49139
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Thats funny. I just found that. This looks like it can be a real mess. Another adventure on a rented floor lol......

Well at least I have enough canister filtration until I get this right.

I am SO EXCITED about the discus. Im getting the Wayne Ng Fish from Bob @ upper canada discus.

He is one heck of a resource for a newbie, I must say.

Welcome to the madness
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

This is outta control now. Frontosa 180 g, need to figure out a sump. Discus 55 gallon barebottom, until I move them into the 125 gallon the frontosa are in till I pick up the 180, and figure out a sump. The I have the 65 gallon South American with angelfish...... so now I'll have an empty 10 gallon, and 55 gallon, so I need a metal stand for the 55 gallin so I can put a 40 breeder underneath it...... then I need the 265 gallon so my fronts can get even bigger...... oh....my...... goodness....... is there a patch for this addiction lmao.

At least everything is beautiful in the tanks...... but now to plant the 125 gallon.... I need CO2.......

Registered Member

All I can see are numbers popping up in your head.

Think about this way, it is nice that you can afford and enjoy this.

I whish I had a floor and space for a 300 g tank. My birthday is coming and my wife was asking what I would like the other day. Before I could reply, she said: Any thing BUT fish tanks! LOL

This is the end of the road. (Ya right...) Im looking to build a house, so time to bank the dollars..... so I can get a 300 gallon built in....... oh no!!!!!

Cheers