AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jehmco.com

Default Re: Bad Experience with Jehmco

Dishpanhands-I think you are missing the point. While I am none too happy about the original placement of the pump by the plumber, ultimately, that was not the issue nor cause the damage.

It was John's poor handling and lack of customer support that set me off. Never during any of our conversations was he proactive in his attempts to help. I had to ask and push for assistance.
    "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is not out to get you"

Default Re: Jehmco.com

Hi Lisa,
    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with Jehmco. Mine has always been excellent..

I editted your last post....It'd be best to contact that member and have them post their first hand experiences here, rather than quote them...

I also merged this thread with other Jehmco threads.

Take care,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

No problem.

One more point-the "instructions" that John accuses the plumber of not reading are extremely vague and never state exactly how to install. It certainly never stated "do not install above water line" or even "must be installed below water line" or "not self-priming".

This is what the instructions say:

[quote
    Installation: Position the pump so the power cord will not be damaged.
    Mod.1200-3000-4000-4000HH-5000-6000 version with elongated pre-chamber.
    The pump is threaded on both intake and output side, with 1/2" (model 1200), 3/4" (model 4000HH), and 1" fittings (models 3000-4000-5000-6000). The thread has a standard GAS pitch (Europe) or MPT (USA) and can be used with a vast range of couplings and accessories easily found on the market.

end quote]

I use this only to illustrate that John would rather find us liable as to perhaps the manufacturer.

As the forum allows, here's a link to another thread on this very forum with a similar issue:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ghlight=jehmco

Lisa, John has always been extremely helpful to everyone , a gentleman and has share his expertise and advise to his customers , me being one of them . I have purchased water pumps from him and he has always advise properly . Even the ones that say Self Priming , he has advised against using them totally in that fashion. I looked up the pump you purchased : http://www.jehmco.com/html/water_pumps___power
    heads.html and it says submersible or inline , no where it says self priming . I seem to agree with dishpans on the plumber advise because of having set that pump high up and dry.
    Maybe all this came about because of lack of positive communication , you have been overworked and so exited about that beautiful fishroom you are creating .
    I hope you and John mend things up , he is a true asset to have as a supplier and after all he did take care of your pump problems.
    Looking foward to see how the fishroom develops and thanks for sharing the pictures on simplycichlids,

roberto.

Hi Roberto-

Thanks for the kind words. I have been painting for the last two days. And yes, it is a big job getting this fishroom underway. I made a lot of progress today.

As far as plumber vs. instructions vs. placement...it's not the issue. That did not cause my problem. Of course it was a cause for concern with John but, he never once listened to me when I said we did not sit and run it dry and cause the damage. I did everything John suggested before I returned it. And, I feel very confident in stating the broken impeller was damaged before I even took it out of the box. John told my husband if the damage was due to running dry, we would have to pay. Well, it wasn't and we didn't. I'm not even upset with the plumber...perhaps I should be merely because it became a distraction from the real issue.

At this point I only feel compelled to point out (because my thread has been reassigned to a seemingly Jehmco pep rally thread when a previously entered poor experience was not) that NEVER in any way have I been disagreeable, argumentative, disrespectful, negative, or contentious in ANY of my entries into ANY forum anywhere! Heck...I have never even submitted any negative feedback on the internet....ANYWHERE...NEVER!!! That includes aquabid, ebay, anything!

I try to conduct myself in the highest standard...and in a respectful, family friendly manner. You won't even find anything foul mouthed or unfriendly in this forum from me. Or any forum for that matter.

I'm glad that others have have a good experience with Jehmco. I just haven't found any feedback of any problem related handling nature that was detailed. They are the lowest price available. I spent a good deal of money there, and was a good (albeit small, I'm sure, by Jehmco standards) customer with a lot more to purchase. Too bad John didn't take that into consideration. We had a few great, informative discussions prior to all this. I just don't understand why he decided to be disrespectful and rude with me.

I normally don't make issue of anything...you have to REALLY mess up to get me this upset. Normally I choose to talk with my pocketbook and just leave...find another company. But this was just uncalled for. And after John literally laughed at my question..well...I had had enough.

"Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, shame on me."

Take care...off to get photos up on simplycichlids of my work today!! I'm excited!!!

Take care,
    Lisa
    Last edited by fishmama; 02-18-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123