ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aquatic Foods - California Blackworms

Default Re: Aquatic Foods - California Blackworms

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear View Post
    Rod,
    Actually they all ship to my door and Dan is far and away the most expensive, followed by Worn Man, and then by Bill Eagan, with Bill being by far the least expensive for me. btw $1.60 for 2 ounces works out to $12.80 a pound, your lfs has very good prices if that is correct. But, as I said, Dan's are also the best, the healthiest, and "freshest".
    Agree, to me it is like buying produce from a second rate supplier (meaning the local fish store, not any of the other suppliers you mentioned), or paying a little more for premuim ( I buy a lot of produce!) Also the consistency is very important to me, with Dan they are always on-time, and clean...just works for me!

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    Agree, to me it is like buying produce from a second rate supplier (meaning the local fish store, not any of the other suppliers you mentioned), or paying a little more for premuim ( I buy a lot of produce!) Also the consistency is very important to me, with Dan they are always on-time, and clean...just works for me!

Rod
    You sound like you're getting kickbacks from Dan for plugging him so well...
    Dan's prices are very expensive.

He quoted me :

"the 1-lb total is very close to 33.25
    and the 3/4 and two keepers is close to 48-49 $"

for shipping it to NYC.. he's referring to Special Offer #5 on his page $24.95 , offer #2 at $40.50.

Even though, he says, "All Special offers include door-to-door delivery
    with FedEx freight included ( excluding FS, RES, RDAS and OPF)"

So not really sure what he's talking about FedEx Freight already included!

That be some mighty expensive worms... Right now, I get 2oz at $2.50. So all told ... i should stick with my LFS.

Also, I've seen no need to buy additional products yet to condition the worms. The daily rinsing is doing a fine job. I figure for live products like that, the most i'd want to keep them is 2 weeks... before next supply... (and i've really been doing weekly so far)

If he was cheaper, I might reconsider for the ease of home delivery.
    29gal breeder,55gal (no plants, sand) - 2 juvenile red melons, 1 y.adult red melon, 1 y.adult super red melon, 1 adult Yellow Pigeon, 1 adult San Merah, 4 Blue Rams, 2 Ottos, 12 Cardinal Tetras, 1 cory, 1 cat
    Moderator @ East Coast Discus on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfThierry View Post

He quoted me :

"the 1-lb total is very close to 33.25
    and the 3/4 and two keepers is close to 48-49 $"

for shipping it to NYC.. he's referring to Special Offer #5 on his page $24.95 , offer #2 at $40.50.

Even though, he says, "All Special offers include door-to-door delivery
    with FedEx freight included ( excluding FS, RES, RDAS and OPF)"

So not really sure what he's talking about FedEx Freight already included!

That be some mighty expensive worms... Right now, I get 2oz at $2.50. So all told ... i should stick with my LFS.

Also, I've seen no need to buy additional products yet to condition the worms. The daily rinsing is doing a fine job. I figure for live products like that, the most i'd want to keep them is 2 weeks... before next supply... (and i've really been doing weekly so far)

If he was cheaper, I might reconsider for the ease of home delivery.
    That's the beauty of this section, it is here for me to praise who I like to do buiness with, please feel free to praise whomever you do business with in a separate thread, or even to critique them if you so desire.

As for your coment about the kickback...it would be nice, maybe Dan can send me some free worms! : ) I do like the convenience!

Rod

Registered Member

Please note that this new section is intended to provide an opportunity for members to talk about their personal, first hand experiences with a particular vendor or product. If you see a post regarding a vendor or product you have personal experience with, feel free to reply and describe your own experience. If you don't have first hand experience, please post in another location.

Thanks,
    Simply Discus
    Mike Witek
    Napa CA

Quote Originally Posted by Bainbridge Mike View Post
    Please note that this new section is intended to provide an opportunity for members to talk about their personal, first hand experiences with a particular vendor or product. If you see a post regarding a vendor or product you have personal experience with, feel free to reply and describe your own experience. If you don't have first hand experience, please post in another location.

Thanks,
    Simply Discus
    i do, so i did.
    29gal breeder,55gal (no plants, sand) - 2 juvenile red melons, 1 y.adult red melon, 1 y.adult super red melon, 1 adult Yellow Pigeon, 1 adult San Merah, 4 Blue Rams, 2 Ottos, 12 Cardinal Tetras, 1 cory, 1 cat
    Moderator @ East Coast Discus on MySpace

Hi Thierry,
    The Point Of Mikes comment was to remind everyone that this section is for product review..

ex...

great porduct, I buy it all the time

bad product ....poor shipping , expensive compared to other I buy from..

Discussions should be kept to a minimum. The Comments directed at another members posts aren't necessary.. Comments like
    Even as a joke is not the kind of dialogue we want here.....

Just members personal experiences.

also.. Suggestion..

The weiss product mentiones really should be in its own thread.

Hope that clears things up, If not drop me a PM and we can talk more.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    I had a problem with them were all due to my fault, not cleaning them, or using tap water by mistake...chlorine... Rod
    I did this one time Rod and Dan replaced them for me at no charge Great guy to deal with and very helpful I must say! He is not far from me ~ I pay if I remember .....$22.00 something for 1/2lb....1/4lb?....I can not recall...lol! I get them usually the next day by 3pm...every time

They last a long time for me tho ~ I usually toss them when they start to smell!

Marie ~

Great worms, last forever if kept properly. The shipping charges are kind of tricky though. I usually buy the 10 pound package and split it with a few local guys to get a better rate.

Well, i just recieved my first batch of CBW's from Aquatic, i am satisfied. I also got a worm keeper. They r pretty nice. Makes it easy to clean the worms. They r alive and being eatin as we speak~~~
    Eileen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12