AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Florida Driftwood inc. experiences...

Registered Member

Default Florida Driftwood inc. experiences...

Beware of this company awful customer service florida driftwood inc.

I placed an order with Florida driftwood inc on 25 Mar 07 for 3 florida flag fish and 15 amano shrimp. On
    3/27/07 I called them to see how they would ship them. The Rep told me that they ship usps 2day shipping,
    but the package should arrive in 1 day since we are both in Fl but thats no guaranteed.
    I then asked him if my package arrives in 2 days in they are all dead would I get them replaced. He
    informed that they do not replace or give refunds but not to worry they should be their in 1 day. At that time I told him that I don't feel comfortable with your shipping methods and I want to cancel my order. He informed me that he could not cancel over the phone I would have to email him a cancelation request.
    So on 3/27/07 @1300 I emailed him the cancelation request 2hrs later @1500 he emailed me back so that the order had already shipped. 2 days later I get the fish and shrimp. I recieved 3 flag fish and only 5 out of the 15 amano shrimp I ordered. I called the Rep to tell him that he made a mistake with the order.
    He informed me that he shipped 15 amano shrimp. So after 10 min of going back in fourth I told him that we have 3 options
    1. refund me the money for the ten shrimp
    2. Replace the ten shrimp
    3. Report you to my credit card company
    He said and I quote, "I guess you will have to report me to your credit card company".

Learn from my mistake

Default Re: Beware

Contact your credit card company right away and dispute the charges. They will take the money from his account. Now it will be his turn to argue. Save your email about canceling the order. I don't know where you are in Florida. But you can catch your own flag fish right in the canals. I don't know about the shrimp, but I think you can catch them to.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Default Re: Florida Driftwood inc. experiences...

Hi all,
    Please refer to this thread before you post comments..First hand comments and experiences , both positive and negative only should be posted.

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/sh...ad.php?t=55403

Thanks,
    al

ps...I Left Jerry's post up because its good general advice on dealing with the issue.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Wow, I'm very surprised because I have dealt with this company and had very good customer service and excellent products. They were a little slow with shipping my order out though, which consisted of plants only. Seems somethings changed in the last few months, though!
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Registered Member

I ordered a dupla substrate heater this last weekend. I recieved it today (Thursday) so I think that was normal delivery time for dry goods. I will say that it didn't come from them but an aquatics store in Texas.
    Sean
    "It is better to be a broken piece of jade than a molded piece of clay"
    125 gal reef, 4 planted tanks, 210 gal and 75 just starting

Registered Member

I've ordered a $1000 or so worth of assorted stuff (driftwood, substrate heater, gravel) from him. He's allways done me right.

Registered Member

i to have had HORRIBLE customer service from them it says on thier page all orders are shipped within 2 weeks becouse they get shipments every 2 weeks incase there out of something i placed and order with them for like 75.00 worth of plants it took 1 month and 3 weeks to ship my order and i called them after 3 weeks and asked why my order wasnt shiped and they told me they would over night it the next day they never did it took them about 1 month from then and when my oder did finally arrive i had maybe 1/2 at best of the stuff that i ordered, they have been by far the worst company i have dealt with!!!!