AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainforest Farms International...?

Registered Member

Default Re: rainforest farms international

I bought 5 3" discus from him in January 2008. 4 of them dead in one month. His discus are not interested in food at all. It does not matter how good he is personally, it is a bad deal for me to have so many fish died. I will never do business with him again. Discus order from him are chipped eye, small and weak. I can not even tell what color these discus are. Do not buy Discus from him. You will regret and loose your money.

Registered Member

Default Re: rainforest farms international

I cannot believe people are still buying from him. My advice is this...if you come to Simply to post how bad he is, take the time BEFORE you buy, do a search on him, and them get some QUALITY Discus from the sposors. I got burned by RFI because I did not have a resorce like this to help me many years back...Bill

Default Re: Rainforest Farms International...?

Sadly to say, I to have been dupped by Tom. I should have done research, but for some reason this time I did not. I recently ordered 13 discus from RFI and they all came in with frayed fins and by the next day had infection on them. Within a week and a half all but 2 of the fish I ordered have died. They were not as big as they were supposed to be nor were they the colors I ordered. Tom starts out nice to talk to, but if you challange him on anything he then starts putting all the blame on you. I have been keeping Discus and many other fish for over 20 years and have never had a loss like this. I have 20+ aquariums in my home, salt and fresh. So I too will NEVER buy from or recommend him again. And I for one will not stand still for, "It states clearly on my site that the only guarantee is "Arrive Alive". Anyway I have said my peace here and if anyone would like to join my crusade to stop him send me a private message here. Thanks for reading.

Alas. I joined this forum to help figure out how to cure the sick discus I recieved from Rainforest Farms. I recently ordered 6 discus and one Altum angel. I too had problems with how not only the discus looked, but the altum as well. i lost three out of 6 discus within two weeks, and the angel( that looked more like a regular silver angel..highly disapointed.) I tried to get a partial refund from Tom, but he hasn't responded..and I doubt he will. The fish were sick and defanately misrepresented....compared to my other orders this one was a shame.

Steer clear of RFI.
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 03-16-2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: removed references to other sellers

Yeah..same here Fish mamas..i will be sending you a message as soon as im allowed to.

ive dealt with tom several times always great to me and my friends,i quess everybody has a bad day...

Registered Member

I went to his facility in person a week ago. I had a general idea of what kind of fish I wanted. He was nice in that he let me look around and point to the types of adults that I liked, then gave me the babies. He knew that this was my first discus tank and was pretty well a novice as far as color varieties go and all. The fish that I got from him are all very healthy and eating well. He gave me what I asked for and cut me a very good deal because he knew that I was on a budget. I really appreciated all of that. He also gave me some beautiful plants for a price I couldn't find anywhere else. Basically, he hooked me up and spent an hour and a half helping me get what I wanted and was pretty nice. I also didn't see any sick fish at his facility. Just a lot of clean aquariums with happy fish.

I have heard good and bad things from various people around town about him. However, my experience was an overall positive one.

That being said, I can't agree to that lifestyle choice/mistake he made in 2008...and if I had known about it, I wouldn't have gone over there in the first place!!

i have been to tommy's home and found him very nice and willing to help.have bought many fish and am always happy...

Real Name
    Julian

Angry Re: Rainforest Farms International...?

This is the worst place you can ever buy anything from. I bought two of the so call White emperor, and an overpriced coari it was sold to me for 6" and was meerily 3.5". One of the supoused white emperor died next day, and the
    other grow to be a male pigeon with a severe peppering.
    When I confronted Tom Meador, He tells me he will give me credit on the next order. What a funny guy.
    Also beware of him charging more of the original price.out of nowhere, that was another battle.
    Julian.
    I do recomend Discus Sunrise Farm. and Gabriel Posada from Jack Wattley.
    Julian.

The first photograph is what I ordered, and the second photograph is what I got. What should I think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by scottthomas View Post
    Hmm I hope thats not what you really got
    Actually, I got four but three of them died. I also got four tefe greens, which all died, and five red icas, which all died.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    ...perhaps ask him if there was a miscommunication.
    An example of communication was that the 2" red icas were listed at $45 on the website but, according to subsequent communication had been, and I quote, 'discounted to $70.'

Registered Member

I'm sorry but this thread makes me sick!! I can't believe how many people this guy ripped off, including me about 10 years ago!!! I actually had a local customer in my fishroom a few days ago and he told me about how Tom ripped him off also.

Ive spent the better part of two months trying to email him back and forth about a refund. He kept telling me that he sent me a refund, showing me on his "statement" where he sent it out..but I never got a thing, and Ive spent hours on the phone with my bank to see if maybe it didnt go through, but nothing. He does everything he can to ripp some one off but try and sound slike a reasonable carring guy.

Everyone,
    I realize that when people read about the negative experiences others have had that the natural response is to get angry and comment.... but thats not the purpose of this section of the forum...Its not a Rant, bash, flame and trash section.....that kind of posting does not belong anywhere on this forum.
    Our livestock review section is for people to share their first hand experiences with vendors...so that potential customers know better what they may expect.... First hand means "your personal experiences with a seller" not hear say or jumping on the wagon when someone has a bad experience.

I know we have been very clear about this in the past...the present and hopefully won't have to be in the future....

questions still?????...contact me.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast