ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rainforest Farms International...?

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Rainforest Farms International...?

on 07 Mar 2013 two more died making a 50% loss and the other four are still very stressed (tank lights are off, keeping steady water temp, doing water changes daily, adding a little Kent Marine garlic extract to the food to try and entice them into eating).

Dave

Real Name
    Dave

As of this morning the last two didn't make it. So I will suck it up, clean out the tank and get it to disinfecting, and start again only this time with fish from a reputible source.

God Bless All and thank you for your support,
    Dave

Yeah..exactly what happened to me. May I recommend Hans or Kenny.

150Gl Discus Tank ( 14 discus 4-6 inch, 4 2inch)
    55Gl Angel Tank
    My Anti Drug

Real Name
    Dave

I talked to Hans. I am looking for those red alequer or small(i.e. juvenille) Cuipeua red or maybe juvenille Cuipeua Red Royal so I can put them in the 20 gallon quarantine tank for a month before introducing them to the 75 gallon planted tank that has the five Blue Snakesking crossed with the Blue Pearl (as described by the breeder Joe Gargas.... while maybe not the best breeder at least I have always gotten what I ordered from him and the fish arrived in good health).

I have bleach/water mix (a little strong on the bleach as every time I turn on the HOB filter or airstones I get foam) in the 20 gallon tank to disinfect it, then I will fill it with filtered tap water and add some dechlorinator (1000mg of vitamin C enough to dechlorinate 50 gallon ) and let it run for at least a week to make sure the tank is disinfected and rinsed well and then I will drain and fill again with filtered water and get a cycle going by putting a filter floss bag full of used carbon into the tank to get the good bacteria started and run for a while.

Once I am satisfied the tank is ready I will order. I also want my wife to help pick the discus as she isn't as enthusiastic about the fish tank as I am ( I put it in front of the dining room window, she doesn't like its location).

Thank you all for your well wishes and insight.
    Dave

Registered Member

Amazed that this guy is still cheating people after all these years. I got taken by this guy 12 years ago.

Registered Member Discus Origins's Avatar

It's his flashy website that tricks unsuspecting buyers into spending money on fish pictured that he doesn't have. And he deletes negative reviews off his website. It's a scam from beginning to end, he got me years ago also.
    Mark

Registered Member

I just got taken last week for $550.00 for 2 mated pairs discus. The biggest fish out of the four was 3 3/4 inches. This guy is a crook.

Real Name
    Dave

Yogi,
    I wish you had come here first and seen this.

I was able to dispute the credit charge on my card and win, but I had documentation including a couple threads like this that I submitted to my card company.

Dave
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Registered Member

Thank you for the info I am working on that right now as we speak. some one has to stop this guy from doing this crap to people. Have you ever seen his picture scary. go to http://www.monroehumane.org/news/article.php?=280 it will jus make you sick.

Registered Member

This is one of the fish he sent me its 3" its mate died from a lack of water well it had water it was in the bottom of the box

I have recently re entered the tropical fish hobby after a long layoff and a friend recommended that I check out Toms fish.
    I recieved my first order in perfect condition,colors and sizes were both more vivid and larger than I had anticipated and was just thrilled.so happy was I that a second order was placed and these were even more to my liking and I wouldn't hesitate recommending Tom or purchasing more of these amazing specimens.
    My initial order was 3 pairs of 3" fishes,which all easily exceeded my expectations,with bright vibrant colors and eating right out of the bag.2nd order of 10 more fish,were perfect specimens as well.
    I could not have been happier,even more to my astonishment has been Toms continual contact to be sure that all is well with my purchases.
    If I had to do it again,it's a no brainer,what more can you ask for, Tom breeds the fish,feeds the fish,answers the phone ,takes your order,packs your fish,ships them and then takes the time to call and make sure that all is well in the world.
    If you have had a problem with Tom or his fish in the past,I can only advise that you should give this professional a second chance,I cannot for the life of me think of a reason not to as it seems that the sour grapes in this forum seem to be from many years ago.(it is a completely new world shipping packages now from 10 years ago,maybe that's where the problem lies)
    Anyway,that's my tale,good luck.

Chefduvin, are you local to Tom so that you can pick up fish or did you have them shipped?

Registered Member Discus Origins's Avatar

Chefduvin,

When you get a chance please post pictures of the fish that you received so the rest of us can judge for quality. A picture is worth a thousand words.
    Mark

Years ago I had the displeasure of purchasing discus from this fellow. After my experience I started to do a little research online about the company. Lots of complaints (this is how I discovered SD), I even discovered that at one point his website was promoting testimonials from fake customers with photos of their aquariums. Someone had noticed that several of the photos used in these testimonials belong to them, though they had never done business with the guy. So, if he was capable of faking testimonials, dropping in a bogus entry here, would seem to be par for the course.

There you go making assumptions ,you are 100 percent incorrect,again

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast