AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What canister filter should I get

Default Re: What canister filter should I get

Ok, guys I have personally used 5 Xp3 and have set up at 5-6 for other people and they have never make ANY sound not water sounds, no motor sounds, unless they are set improperly, primed improperly, or they have air trapped, and I have pretty good hearing!

As far as Eheims Canisters go, they make really great water pumps!
    Ok they are durable(trust me I have seen one doing a good job under horrible conditions) but they are costly and out-performed(flow rate and polishing ability) by others. I guess they have a place, but I figured its mostly for tanks under 75g, fully planted and properly stocked.

BTW, Larry is so easy and cheap to make an External reactor its not worth it to run CO2 to any canister(at least not in big tanks or heavily planted ones) as it may limit the filter, but I guess if it is a small amount is OK

edit:
    1977, I almost forgot to say that we could be discussing this forever, since every one has they're own preferences and availability issues. For example Paul gets Eheims cheap and Renas at a high cost, I too would buy Eheims in this case. Also each filter has a niche to fill, magnums for example are really durable, strong, and are by far the best polishing filters on the market, but they are horrible bio-filters.
    My choice stems from the cost, performance and availabilty prob in that order
    Last edited by Ed13; 05-04-2007 at 11:00 AM.
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12