AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Look at my fishes Feces help diagnose (pics and video O_o )

Default Look at my fishes Feces help diagnose (pics and video O_o )

Alrighty, it seems I have a growing trend. I finally got my BN back up and now my discus poop is looking weird The water parameters are fine, no new fish, and 50 percent water change daily. It looks to me like tapeworm. So I would treat with Praziquantel. If that is what it is. Right?

Don't be alarmed at the Batfish he's like the ugly grandpa to this tank :P

Video (clicky)-

Pic-

So what do you guys think?

Thanks again this community has helped me and my fish to be healthy and happier thanks!
    "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner" "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks."

Default Re: Look at my fishes Feces help diagnose (pics and video O_o )

Give us a bit on their diet. Looks like they are eating a lot of BWs. Good thing is I see no white stringy feces .

Hi Camden,
    Its doesn't look like tape worms to me...looks more like a mass of blood worms or possibly some other undigested food... my guess is it will pass out and be normal feces soon..

Tape worms look like this...

hth,
    al
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Ah well thats a sigh of Relief.

I feed Frozen BloodWorm 3 times a day
    Tetra Bits Twice
    and OSI Discus Flake once

I'm trying to get my little guys to grow nice and big if you didn't notice. Do I run the chance of making constipated by feeding this much?
    "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner" "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks."

I'd say it does look like worms and would treat them with Prazipro

Tina

Andrew, brought me some relief too as I freaked out when I saw the same thing coming out of my discus. In my case, it was BW casings that's what yours looks like the way it's all bunched up together.

Jose

looks like FBW casings.. I saw a quick flash of your Chinese high-fin.. How big is it? I want to start a new tank devoted to Clown Loaches and Chinese High-fins.. Figure another 100 G should do it.

I had one with my discus when I first started but he just wasted away.
    --Reid

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundfan View Post
    looks like FBW casings.. I saw a quick flash of your Chinese high-fin.. How big is it? I want to start a new tank devoted to Clown Loaches and Chinese High-fins.. Figure another 100 G should do it.

I had one with my discus when I first started but he just wasted away.
    The name I've always heard them called is Chinese Batfish. I love this guy, he keeps my sand so clean. He's about 7 and half inches but they only grow about 2 inch per year from what I heard. I've had him for awhile now. Almost a year I think, I've been looking for more. Where are you going to get yours? My LFS said they were put on the endangered species list and he's having trouble finding them now.

I've rattled on before about him heh. If your interested here's a link to an old thread with older pic of him- In that thread there is also a good link to info about them- http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=56013

7.5" Wow that's cool. I fell in love with these guys when Petsmart had a 10 incher in their display tank.

I can find them at my LFS right now. They get them in fairly regularly. they have small ones now about 3" for 6.99. I really wanna buy them now but my tanks aren't ready yet. I wanna put them in a 100 G.. I know they get HUGE!! They are slow growers and that could take 10-15 yrs..

http://www.csupomona.edu/~jskoga/Aqu...ocyprinus.html
    Last edited by greyhoundfan; 06-01-2007 at 09:58 AM.
    --Reid

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundfan View Post
    7.5" Wow that's cool. I fell in love with these guys when Petsmart had a 10 incher in their display tank.

I can find them at my LFS right now. They get them in fairly regularly. they have small ones now about 3" for 6.99. I really wanna buy them now but my tanks aren't ready yet. I wanna put them in a 100 G.. I know they get HUGE!! They are slow growers and that could take 10-15 yrs..
    I would like to get a successful breeding pair some where down the line too. That would be nifty