AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: coralife T5 fixtures...ROCKIN!!!

Thumbs up coralife T5 fixtures...ROCKIN!!!

i'd figure i'd post this in a different thread...

i've got a 75 gallon planted discus tank and wanted to ditch the old fixtures...

decided to get 2 coralife Dual T5 fixtures... i used a combination of colormax, 6700k and 10000k bulbs and it makes the tank bright but the colors still pop on the fish...(colormax has a pink hue that is not noticable with other bulbs but boosts discus color a LOT, 6700k is greenish by itself, 10,000 can wash out stuff by itself but has INTENSITY) combined they ROCK... i like this setup better than my PC Coralife fixtures or any other normal T-8~12 combos... so much deeper colors with the T5's

so it goes from the front to back ColorMax, 6700K, 10,000K, 10,000K

ps... i got the fixtures for i think $51 a piece online.... wondering if i should get a third one???

Registered Member

Default Re: coralife T5 fixtures...ROCKIN!!!

I've got the same lights on all my tanks. They really do make the tanks and fish look good. The only problem I've had is that there's nowhere to buy replacement bulbs locally. After the first bulb died (about a year) that tank was dark for a week while I waited for new bulbs to arrive in the mail and found that UPS had broken every one. Had to wait another week

Scott
    "What have you done to the cat? It looks half dead!"

Schrödinger's wife.

Default Re: coralife T5 fixtures...ROCKIN!!!

i got mine here
    http://www.webaquatics.com/

they do a very good job packing it in a triangle tube chock full of those styrofoam peanuts

also very good prices