ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Default Re: A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Lets see a pic of the parents so we can see what they came from. Are these really the best? You need to try raising a batch from the same pair with astaxanthin and spirolina or at least a wider variety of foods so we can see how much dif it makes. I think it would be significant.

Kacey
    Last edited by kaceyo; 06-13-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Here's Mom:

and here's the link for dad:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attach...4&d=1134089054

HTH,
    Sandeep
    Last edited by Elcid; 06-13-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hi Sandeep,
    what do you feed your fish?

-al

I want to know why you asked this question first, Al ~ please.

When I read this post, I swear I could hear your brain turning!...."what is Al thinking"...I knew you were leading somewhere so I kept looking back at the pictures and .....I just didn't see it....

And I wanted to ~

Care to share?

Elcid, LOL, butt, JMO...ok start with a pair with less than 25 spots between them...OK...now...breed them looking for wonderfully spotted fry....and....limit their feed to blood worms..... Am I missing something here? I think I know why the title reads as it does.

Well I think I am missing it ALL!.....talk about confused! Do these fish look like crap or what?....was it an experiment?........Did it turn out the way you wanted Sandeep?......What should he have fed them to get all the spots he wanted?....or is that what you wanted, San?

The title?.......I am with Kacey on this one.....?????

I think I am having a ...........something....! I still want to pick Al's brain, though

Hehe Marie:

I'm so sorry! Ur the last person I want to confuse!!! But so far I've only shown you pics of 5 fish! The best of the bunch .....You should know these fish are agressively feeding on bloodworms. If I'm on the left side of the tank they are in front of my face, if I move to the right they move with me. They are always hungry, their poop always black, I posted some pics of fish with poop to start incase some ppl might wonder , did you see that?

For the experts:

No I don't want to feed my fish beefheart mix with naturose to bring out the spotting. I'm not unhappy with the outcome. In a way they have saved me from the madness ...Wait and see some more pics tonight! And please, don't be afraid to state ur mind! and I encourage other who have bought LSS from Mary Suby of DDD Discus and have this genetic line to post on this thread! Mary must have imported atleast 200 LSS, come out of the woodwork and post!

Oh and I still LOVE LSS DISCUS!!!

take care,
    Sandeep
    Last edited by Elcid; 06-13-2007 at 10:45 PM.

I've got to agree with Andrew. That female didn't have much to offer her offspring, so shouldn't expect great results.

Kacey

Quote Originally Posted by kaceyo View Post
    I've got to agree with Andrew. That female didn't have much to offer her offspring, so shouldn't expect great results.

Kacey
    Hi Kacey:

Thanks for your comment, u really made my day today , I'm laughing ear to ear!

thanks again,
    Sandeep

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid View Post
    Hehe Marie:

I'm so sorry! Ur the last person I want to confuse!!! But so far I've only shown you pics of 5 fish! The best of the bunch .....You should know these fish are agressively feeding on bloodworms. If I'm on the left side of the tank they are in front of my face, if I move to the right they move with me. They are always hungry, their poop always black, I posted some pics of fish with poop to start incase some ppl might wonder , did you see that?Sandeep

Sandeep ~ my fish aggressively feed on bloodworms...and:

"If I'm on the left side of the tank they are in front of my face, if I move to the right they move with me"

my fish do exactly this as well ~

"They are always hungry, their poop always black,"

umm...is this not the way it shld be, San?.... I even got up to double check S* on my discus and it is very dark....black! I feed everything, bh, flake, bits, and fbw ~ a lot of each ~ nothing they won't eat ~

I am going to strangle you I know you are leading up to something in this game and .....I don't wanna play I just wanna know!

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid View Post
    incase some ppl might wonder

Bet Al has it all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaceyo View Post

Kacey

Okay...I .....am getting this ~ the mom was not all that so why should the babies be ...but did Sandeep expect great results?.........or did he expect what he got?

....and why is he laughing now? lol!

Ugh! Just some more pics!

Last edited by Elcid; 06-14-2007 at 01:24 AM.

The bottom line imo is that regardless of color feeding with this or that you will only get out what god put in their genetics, color feeding wont make a spot appear where there was none to begin with. You can color feed all you want but the fish will only spot where theres a spot. I think they look fair id call them red based SS, brew calls it ruddy whatever that term is but i think its an awesome base. If you look at all the really good and i mean really good LSS they have a nice amber base all the way to the face. i dont like to see any Lss with pale bases, just not attractive imo. Your fish already have that red pigment inherently and thats apparent by that red base they have they just dont have the genetics to spot like mad, when i was working with SS i didnt need to have that full striated SS i just wanted a fish with lots of red base on it like an alenquer then i would work on the stripes- the stripes show up much better on a red base- Schmit Focke had some awesome red turqs and if you look to see why they looked so good its becouse of that deep red base that made the blue stand out, how many red turqs do you see that have great stripes but just dont wow you becouse they have no red base. Just my input- i think your fish are just genetic lackies but nice fish none the less.

O

Quote Originally Posted by Green Country Discus View Post
    Elcid, LOL, butt, JMO...ok start with a pair with less than 25 spots between them...OK...now...breed them looking for wonderfully spotted fry....and....limit their feed to blood worms..... Am I missing something here? I think I know why the title reads as it does.
    Hehe Andrew:

U don't miss much! But how do you count the spots on fish that have not been fed anything to spot up?

take care,
    Sandeep

Hi Guyz:

I think I've had much too much fun today, more pics tomorrow! My fish are on strike! :P

take care,
    Sandeep

Sandeep,
    When you bought mom and dad, I somehow think you thought that they would turn out as other than they did.... I know how badly you have wanted Top grade fish...we've talked about it many times...

Are you trying to make a statement about the fish that were sent to Mary, which you and others bought?

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast