I am in the design phase of my very own fish room. I was out of the hobby for a long time now and I currently only have one tank.(which i consider being out of the hobby lol) I want to start up again and do it on a huge scale. So I am going to make a room in my garage that is going to be heated and basicly my own fish room.

I have been looking through the site but its hard to find threads of people building there rooms. I am not so concerned with the construction of walls etc I am concerned with stands??drilling??plumbing?? and filtration.

1.) I am planning on setting up all 75 gallon tanks. I believe they are a perfect size for discus and CA cichlids and will suit me perfectly. What is the most cost efficient way of making stands and how many 75 gallon tanks can one stand hold??? Would three stacked on top of each other be too much????

2.) What is the best way to filtrate these tanks?? I assume a sump of course although I was planning on setting up one sump for every 4 75 gallon tanks. How many gallons of bioballs would be sufficient?? Could this work???

3.) Obvioulsy if 1 sump is running 4 tanks then one pump will run the 4 tanks as well. How powerful of a pump would be required to pump all this water around?? and can it ever be tooo powerful, like if too much flow is coming could the bioballs not filter properly??

4.) Where is the best place to drill the tanks for this project??? I assume making overflow baskets for everytank would not be the best idea would it??? Although if you drill at the bottom and not have a basket, won't your bulkheads leak from the preasure???

5.) Any other good tips about fish rooms???