AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NORTH CHICAGO HERE

Registered Member

Unhappy Re: NORTH CHICAGO HERE

I personally have trouble contacting Butch. PM for details
    Last edited by RandalB; 09-09-2007 at 09:16 AM. Reason: To conform to site policy

Real Name
    Jim

Default Re: NORTH CHICAGO HERE

Larry,

Butch has been working crazy hours ever since I met him.. don't know how he keeps up with things the way he does Have to say though, my experience has been pretty consistent with mrsporty's..

but.. as you know.. I'm not the most socially active person in Chicago either

One of these days though, we all do really need to get together and talk the hobby over some drinks

Jim
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear View Post
    Jim,
    Butch has been working some crazy hours, and Joe is on vacation.
    Isn't Joe always on vacation
    Need your taxes done? Ask me I am a Licensed CPA!!!
    Most basic taxes done for $100-$125 including efile!!
    General Accounting and Book Keeping services available too!
    Bill.Eagan@EaganandCompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Larry,

but.. as you know.. I'm not the most socially active person in Chicago either

One of these days though, we all do really need to get together and talk the hobby over some drinks

Jim
    I wouldn't say that was totally true Jim......mind you, we had to come across the Atlantic just to drag you out....

I dont want to lower myself and answer mrsporty wise crack But you are welcome to come over for a cycled sponge whenever you are ready I am always around on sat and sun afternoons
    Butch

You ever get that 54 Corner in Maple for me Butch?

RandalB

Registered Member

Talking Re: NORTH CHICAGO HERE

Randal.still have that corner salt tank..? That was Nice............

Quote Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
    Randal.still have that corner salt tank..? That was Nice............

Nope, Been trying to get a replacement for a while now......

Had the house built with Drain and return lines in the wall for it...

RandalB

Hey jlspiler welcome to Chicago and the discus craze. Once you get use to the scene you will find that Butch can always be found at home on a Saturday or Sunday ALWAYS!!! You will also see as time goes on that there are a lot of people who like to slam others just to make a sale. You can recognize these haters because they are the ones that always post SH--- about others breeders or sellers. Those are the people you have to watch!!!! There are alot of good guys out there that are truly in it for the hobby but as you can see from this thread and some of the post, there are a lot of removed trying to assassinate other peoples reputations and good names. So in short.... do your research. If you go to someones house to look at fish and they start doggin another person product, or talkin about you can never get a hold of them that should throw up the RED FLAG!! Do your self a favor turn around and get out and dont look back. These so called hobbyist are just in it for the cash and not the hobby itself. So when its said that you can never get a hold of Butch...... They also say stay away from the south suburbs AKA "Name removed to conform to site policy" because they juice their fish. The decision is yours but remember this "BUYER BEWARE"
    Last edited by RandalB; 09-09-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Ok kids, everyone has had their chance to get a shot in and/or reply to it . Any further violations of site policy and I get the Ban stick out.

Be warned...

The Simplydiscus.com Team

Here we go.... No direspect but I always found this disturbing about this forum and others. Once people start voicing their opinions, here come the moderators with their idle threats about banning people. "Who cares" Its there fault that things escalate to were they are. The moderators should have cut it off or edited the parts when the slamming started. Instead they wait and pick and choose on who gets to say what. If you ask me its all politics and who knows who. Whatever!!!! All I ask is to be fair about it. If your going to step in and make a stand thats cool but lets not be selective on when or who you do it to.

Real Name
    Jim

Hey Cosman..

There is a huge difference beteen "slamming" someone and stating a simple fact relating to your experiences. I don't see where anyone "slammed" anyone until your post right before Randal threatened to bring out the banning stick

While those preceeding were honest and respectful, yours was replete with wild extrapolations and rude inuendos against a population of people you don't know or have ever done business with

Feel free to express your opinions of the forum, just do it in a way that is respectful to other members. If you continue to go making wild, unfounded accusations based on nothing but your own imagination, you will end up being banned and then you won't be able to say anything to anyone on the forum

Wink Re: NORTH CHICAGO HERE

Come on guys
    The problem is between MRSporty and myself Please stay out of it If you need to know the details you can PM me and I will be glad to answer
    Butch

Real Name
    Jim

Butch!!

Was thinking of calling and saying hello, but thought you'd be busy downstairs doing your WCs

Jim

Registered Member

Red face Re: NORTH CHICAGO HERE

Well I do have to apologize here, everyones adults I believe. Your right, I guess we shouldn't slam others. I here to teach others aboutdiscus and caring for them. I don't and have never "started" to bash anyone . I pick up when people begin talking and feel their frustration about not being able to get ahold of someone even if pre arranged...hopefully thats changed. It's interesting to always see the same persons posting jumping up and down cheering for a person. Good discus health to everone.
    Oh yeah, goodness I'm in the Western Suburbs, I wouldn't know how to "juice" a fish and wouldn't if I could.......

What should be note and slammed are the discus shipping companies and their poor practices. I hear many horror storries of crappy fish, dead arrivals, no refunds....yet, these companies keep selling to the new unweary customer..........start a section on those folks.

Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast