AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 1 picky eater in a bunch of pigs

Default Only Brine shrimp?

I have a tank full of beautiful brewmasters discus the of the most recent group to come home with me consists of one 6.5" blue diamond, one 7" white pigeon blood and one 5" blue leopard.
    For a while all my discus were eating almost everything I put into the tank. Tetra bits, flake food, frozen- blood worms, brine shrimp, beef heart and mysis shrimp. I ran out of dry food and beef heart for a little while now the blue diamond won't eat anything but brine shrimp and live black worms. So I know hes eating but is he just being spoiled or could there be something wrong?
    Last edited by FishyMatty; 08-20-2007 at 12:26 AM.
    PlantMan Extraordinaire

Default Re: 1 picky eater in a bunch of pigs

I, too, have a tank of `Brewmaster discus' and I'm still envious! How is the bd behaving otherwise? If his color is good and he's swimming around and interacting, he may well be spoiled. I had to give up the worms for this reason. Unless there are other symptoms, I would suggest taking him off cold turkey! It will be harder on you than on the fish! If you do decide to ban the cbw, you might want to try raising Red Wrigglers instead. I’ve got them coming out my ears. You’re welcome to come up and get some. I'm about an hour and a half north of Al. Martha

The blue diamond seems to be fine swimming around, good color and not picking on anybody. The only thing thats weird is some time he twitches. By that I mean he flutters his fins and spazes for a second then is fine again. That happens every so often but I don't know what that means. If that is nothing then he is perfectly fine.
    PlantMan Extraordinaire

Any idea on the brine shrimp eater?
    PlantMan Extraordinaire