AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hello from Singapore

Default Hello from Singapore

Hi all,
    This is my first post here. After going to a couple of different forums and knowing a few people here and there, I was told about this forum by one of my friend - Forrest. And I must say I am impressed by the amount information that is in this forum.

Ok, now about myself. I used to live in Penang, Malaysia - if you don't know where that is, think Ung Seng Lip or Lawrence Soon. About 10 or so years ago, I moved to Singapore for my studies and eventually settle down here. I have a planted tank for almost 3 years now and recently - end of last year - I started to get interested in discus. I am fasinated in the amount of colors they have nowadays and bought my first batch of fish from Forrest. The irony is, only after I start keeping discus that I realize that Penang - my home town - is such a popular place with discus. Now I can't wait to go back home.

Oh yeah, about my discus. I have a few tanks of mixed discus - wilds (brown/blue, greens and heckels), and domestic discus - rose red, turq and a batch of golden albino cross with GLSS. My recent interest is red discus. To be more precise, red covers and 3Rs. I got a batch red covers from a breeder a few months back and they have started breeding. Unfortunately, I have no experience in raising fries and the first batch has gone down the drain because of my blunders. Hope to breed them again soon.

- Luenny
    Last edited by luenny; 09-23-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Default Re: Hello from Singapore

Luenny,
    welcome to simply,this is simply a great site nice to have you aboard,sound's like you have some nice discus.Lucky you to get started with fish from Forrest what a great guy !

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Hi Luenny!

Welcome to SimplyDiscus.com!! Its great having you join our community. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself here.

Best of luck with the breeding..if we can help, let us know.

Take care,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

hi luenny,
    finally u ve found ur way here,welcome n enjoy urself.

rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member Tropical Haven's Avatar

Welcome to the forum, another person hooked on discus.
    Scott

Hi all,
    Thanks for the welcome. I got hooked on discus partially because of Forrest and his friends. They really make the hobby more enjoyable being able to visit each other and talk about discus and most of all being able to go to their farm. You know there was a time I did not dare to go visit Forrest or other hobbist because I was afraid I would not be able to stop myself from buying. Lol!
    - Luenny

Quote Originally Posted by luenny View Post
    Hi all,
    This is my first post here. After going to a couple of different forums and knowing a few people here and there, I was told about this forum by one of my friend - Forrest. And I must say I am impressed by the amount information that is in this forum.

Ok, now about myself. I used to live in Penang, Malaysia - if you don't know where that is, think Ung Seng Lip or Lawrence Soon. About 10 or so years ago, I moved to Singapore for my studies and eventually settle down here. I have a planted tank for almost 3 years now and recently - end of last year - I started to get interested in discus. I am fasinated in the amount of colors they have nowadays and bought my first batch of fish from Forrest. The irony is, only after I start keeping discus that I realize that Penang - my home town - is such a popular place with discus. Now I can't wait to go back home.

Oh yeah, about my discus. I have a few tanks of mixed discus - wilds (brown/blue, greens and heckels), and domestic discus - rose red, turq and a batch of golden albino cross with GLSS. My recent interest is red discus. To be more precise, red covers and 3Rs. I got a batch red covers from a breeder a few months back and they have started breeding. Unfortunately, I have no experience in raising fries and the first batch has gone down the drain because of my blunders. Hope to breed them again soon.

- Luenny
    Hey Luenny,
    That's a long write up, welcome.
    Mario

Hi Mario,
    It's nice to see so many familiar faces - or rather names - here too. How are your 3R2 fries doing?
    - Luenny

Quote Originally Posted by luenny View Post
    Hi Mario,
    It's nice to see so many familiar faces - or rather names - here too. How are your 3R2 fries doing?
    Hi Luenny,
    The 3R2 are growing and looking much nicer everyday.
    Thanks
    Mario

hi luenny
    missed your intro thread here, anyway my long overdue welcome to you bro. cheers.
    best regards
    mandisc
    home discus breeding hobbyist
    (mandisc@starhub.net.sg)

Hi Mandisc,
    Nice to see you here too. How're your ARGD? Breeding already? Want to exchange fries? Lol!!
    - Luenny