ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Gold Aquarium in NY

Default Blue Gold Aquarium in NY

I noticed a few of you have been to Blue Gold over the last week or so since they imported some of Petula discus. How's things going? I ordered some Blue Sapphires a week ago.
    Today was told they were not ready for shipping because of sickness they were trying to resolve. They were very helpful and honest saying they didn't want to ship sick fish and would I like to wait. Love the fish and would like to buy. Just like some input on how your fish are doing if you bought from them.

Thx Dave

Default Re: Blue Gold Aquarium in NY

I went there 2 seperate times to the store and both times i bought discus.If i saw sickness in any of the discus tank i would of not spent a dollar . All my fish from blue gold are doing well ,, got total 11 fish ,,2 red whites,,6 white palaminos,,and 2 i dont know if they are saphire blues or what lol..but these are the most roundest beautifulest blue discus i ever seen.. they are all doing well eating and swimming care free in my 125 gallon tank.. hth

hector NYC--

Thx Hector, guess I'll give them a chance to resolve their problems.
    They seemed pretty straight with me.

Dave

Hello Dave. Blue Gold has two different locations where they are keeping these discus. They have a store and a large fish room in their house. Hector got fish from the store and I got mine from the house. Hectors are doing well which leads me to believe that the sickness lies in the filtration system at the house since mine have come down with a little sutton sutton. I think it is best to wait it out since you never know where the discus you are getting are coming from since they are being shipped. If his are doing well and others are not leads me to believe that its not a problem with the discus when they were shipped, but a problem they attained at the Blue Gold house site.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BOBT00LS View Post
    ... mine have come down with a little sutton sutton.
    Is this Joisy speak???

Can someone translate?

AHHHH Yes. SOmeone did catch that. Just trying to keep things light here. TRANSLATION : a little something something. I hope that helps. Actually I think its flukes but I have it under control.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by devonpond View Post
    Is this Joisy speak???

Can someone translate?

Bob thats really weird.. all my fish from Blue Gold are all doing well.. and second time i went a few days ago i saw new fish i didnt see the first time i went 2 weeks ago.. they must of been from stock that was at Mr huangs' house and they seemed fine and where mixed with the existing stock that was at the store they looked fine .. i even took 2 blue saphires few days ago i didnt see the first time i went to the store and they are in top health condition ,,fins up,color normal,eating and swimming carelessly all over tank here .. sorry you having problems .. discus keeping so much more relaxing and fun when the fish are healthy and happy.. how are the fish doing now Bob? any better?
    Last edited by DISCUS USA; 11-03-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Hey Hector. Blue Gold s fish are doing, well, I guess ok. I havent lost any. Ive got about another 3 days or so to treat. They are active. Alot of excess slime coat. We shall see in a few days when I get the tank fully cleaned, clear and free of meds.

Bob

Banned

Mr Huang has informed us to let you all know at Simply that he regrets the situation about his current stock from Discus Sanctuary.

He said that due to urgent family matters to attend to he has neglected to do WC at home. As the result, some of the fishes there has fallen sick with some external problems.

He apologizes to Discus Sanctuary for the current condition of the fishes that was received in healthy and good condition. The fishes are on their way to a speedy recovery and they're being kept for a longer period of quarantine to be sure.

He humbly apologizes to everybody and promises take take better care of the next shipment. He would like to thank Hector and Bob for their patience and would love to hear the progress of their new fishes.

Hec,

How are your violet reflections doing? id love to see some recent pix.

Angel

Thanks for the info Petula. I guees I was correct in my assumption about the sick discus coming from the house setup. I commend Mr Haung for stepping up and admiting that the home based fish were neglected but wish I had known that before I selected mine from that source. It would have been just as easy to go to the store only a few blocks away to select mine. Now Im just hoping that mine make it through this with no ill effects not to mention the extra care, medications, and tank maintenance to get through this.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by sriangel View Post
    Hec,

How are your violet reflections doing? id love to see some recent pix.

Angel
    Angel i sent you a pm..

Quote Originally Posted by BOBT00LS View Post
    Thanks for the info Petula. I guees I was correct in my assumption about the sick discus coming from the house setup. I commend Mr Haung for stepping up and admiting that the home based fish were neglected but wish I had known that before I selected mine from that source. It would have been just as easy to go to the store only a few blocks away to select mine. Now Im just hoping that mine make it through this with no ill effects not to mention the extra care, medications, and tank maintenance to get through this.

Bob

Any pics Bob. Would be helpful at this point. Did they develop any secondary infections? Did you continue the Acraflavine even till today?
    Tommy

TOMMY I SENT YOU A PM.

BOB

Today I lost one of them. It was found dead this morning. Upon finding this I moved the rest of them to a cycled 20 gallon tank which was cleaner and medication free. I figured dosing meds would be alot easier in this then the 75 they were in. They seemed to be doing alot better almost immediately after transfering them. I medicated them with Maracyn (day 4) . Before transfering them, 3 of them were very dark blue/green and began to lighten up quickly. Pictures of them are listed below. The first being the one I found dead this morning.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast