AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Gold Aquarium in NY

Default Re: Blue Gold Aquarium in NY

A few more pics. The last two are what they looked like before they got sick.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunate. Notice the shrinking around the head and linear line. Oh yes, very telling. Also i have thought a few times that this problem is the result of some artifical coloring agents effects on the spleen which controls critical protective responces in the immune system. Of course i have never done a critical study to determine this. But. I have never seen this type of disease complex in good old home grown discus. Most regular hobbyists do not use coloring agents at least to the best of my knowledge. Part of the excitment is waiting ten months to see what you really got or even longer.

Any who

Tommy

Smile Re: Blue Gold Aquarium in NY

Coloring agents? so thats why they are sick?hormones taking their toll? speak up clearly ..

Funny i got the same fish here that bob has and they are all fine .. so theres a conspiracy against Bob having healthy fish but not Hector??

Stop being ridiculous.. i see same look around the head from german discus so according to your logic german discus are hormoned too??

Seems theres some haters in here dont want to see Discus Sanctuary shine.. im not mentioning no names but you know who you are..

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Bob hope you get them okay, they are nice fish.

Looks like your in good hands with Tommy

Hector better don't give any advice you have a sick personal problem what Bob not need at the moment,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post

Hector better don't give any advice you have a sick personal problem what Bob not need at the moment,

Hans
    Just wondering.. Hans why dont you help Bob directly since you seem to care about him so much?

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Very easy, because I just saw this post and it doesn't help Bob (or his fish) much to give 20 differend opinions, he started out with other medications as I would use (would stay with salt and NO temp. raise)

Looks like Tommy has some experiance with this so I think (hope) he's in good hands,

Hans
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Very easy, because I just saw this post and it doesn't help Bob (or his fish) much to give 20 differend opinions, he started out with other medications as I would use (would stay with salt and NO temp. raise)

Looks like Tommy has some experiance with this so I think (hope) he's in good hands,

Hans
    So your post taking shots at me helps Bob?? in what way tell me because i havent been into discus as long as you Hans i want to learn .

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS USA View Post
    So your post taking shots at me helps Bob?? in what way tell me because i havent been into discus as long as you Hans i want to learn .
    I can't learn you anything Hector.

Bob hope your fish come trough this,
    Hans

Registered Member

Hi there,

My personal opinion to treat this disease. Turn on the heater up to 35degrees and treat it with antibiodtic such as CTC and salt.
    I'm sure you they will recover very fast.

Okay Guys,
    Lets not let too much personals into this thread...please.

Bob,
    You have my number if you need any help or advice.

good luck,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS USA View Post
    Seems theres some haters in here dont want to see Discus Sanctuary shine.. im not mentioning no names but you know who you are..

Hector come on now.....do I have to come there? lol! Hey, now don't smack me okay? But....

You have only had your fish for 6 days, correct? Isn't the waiting period to see if they start trippin 3 weeks?

And ~

You know....you know you would be right here if your Discus came down with something and as far as the hormone thingy goes that Tommy mentioned...."artificial coloring agents"....

Listen. Pay attention. And don't be so defensive.....Ya just never know about these things.....

Try? For me?

Bob! I am so sorry you are going through this, Sir! Hang in there and try to keep your hands out of all your tanks ~ watch your step now.

Once again I would like to thank you all for the great support on this site. The discus are certainly more active. Ive received alot of suggestions through the posts and PM's and am acting accordingly. As I stated earlier these discus are in a smaller tank now where dosing meds and observation is alot more manageable. I would not wish this on anyones fish but its always a learning process keeping discus. Hey it could be worse if my Hawaiian WB's had this. Thanks again to all and Ill keep you updated.

Bob

Tommy, Thanks for all your advice. You know your stuff about these fish and am glad you replyed to my posts.

AL, Thanks for allowing me open lines of communication with you phone number. When and if the time comes that I need to call Im sure I will.

Hans, ThankYou for your well wishes and concerns about my discus. I have been given lots of advice to aid them in recovery. Your posting and concerns alone are appreciated.

Hector, Im glad your discus are doing well. Everyone here has an opinion and is entitled to it. The main thing is that your discus look great and are well. As i said earlier I would not wish this on anyone. Good Luck with your beauties.

Marie, Thank You for your well wishes also. Its always good to get a reply from you because if Kinderedspirit has posted you know its worth reading. I will be sure to keep my hands out of the tanks also.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBT00LS View Post
    Once again I would like to thank you all for the great support on this site. The discus are certainly more active. Ive received alot of suggestions through the posts and PM's and am acting accordingly. As I stated earlier these discus are in a smaller tank now where dosing meds and observation is alot more manageable. I would not wish this on anyones fish but its always a learning process keeping discus. Hey it could be worse if my Hawaiian WB's had this. Thanks again to all and Ill keep you updated.

Bob

Tommy, Thanks for all your advice. You know your stuff about these fish and am glad you replyed to my posts.

AL, Thanks for allowing me open lines of communication with you phone number. When and if the time comes that I need to call Im sure I will.

Hans, ThankYou for your well wishes and concerns about my discus. I have been given lots of advice to aid them in recovery. Your posting and concerns alone are appreciated.

Hector, Im glad your discus are doing well. Everyone here has an opinion and is entitled to it. The main thing is that your discus look great and are well. As i said earlier I would not wish this on anyone. Good Luck with your beauties.

Marie, Thank You for your well wishes also. Its always good to get a reply from you because if Kinderedspirit has posted you know its worth reading. I will be sure to keep my hands out of the tanks also.
    Well done there Bob. Spoken like a good and humble human being. Very refreshing.

Tommy

I can't learn you anything Hector.

Bob hope your fish come trough this,
    Hans
    Im going to leave it alone because i respect this forum too much but you are the one started taking personal shots at me first,,next time instead of entertaining your bs just because you are a sponsor im going to the administration here Hans im tired of you picking on me on forums just because you put money in forums pockets dont mean you should be able to start stuff with members !!

Tinsel Town Tommy has been banned.

There was alot of evidence that he had been banned here under several other user names..... American Breeder, discus monk, mark Fleishman...etc.

Bob,
    Please contact me if you want help with these fish.

Thanks,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12