ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: eheim pro 2

Registered Member

Default eheim pro 2

i'm issues setting up my new eheim...
    everytime i prime it, it wil flow for about 5 seconds then go back to idle... i can't figure out what's wrong... anyone have any thoughts?
    aka David
    75g: 6 discus, 8 sterbai, 3 ancistrus
    "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend"

Registered Member

Default Re: eheim pro 2

Any kinks in the hose? How long are the hoses?
    125g: 6*Discus, 2*Angels, 5*Clown loaches, 4* L-018 Gold Nugget pleco, L-260 Queen Arabesque, 8*Cories, Farlowella cat
    20g long: 2*L-046 Zebra pleco, 1*L-183 Starlight bristlenose pleco, 30+* Cherry shrimp, 2*Amano shrimp, 5*Otocinclus, Farlowella cat

Registered Member

Sorry, I didn't see this post a couple months ago or I would have responded with my own paleolithic solution. I used an Eheim Pro II as an additional filter on my 180 planted until very recently. The problem you described I also had every time I turned the Eheim off when I did big water changes [weekly]. To get it going again took a whole lot of priming which felt like I was conducting CPR on a dead guy....AND didn't get it going. What I finally did one day out of frustration after priming over and over, was to just shake the damn thing vigorously from side to side a couple times, which pushed through what I assume was an air lock in the canister. Then I would prime a little more [or not, sometimes] and I would get it moving again. I had to do this everytime I turned that filter off....as I said in another post, that baloney became a thing of the past when I switched to Cascade canister filters for my tanks. You turn them off they stop and turn them on they go; no tantrums.
    Best regards
    Harriett

David, make sure you lubricate the O ring on top well, otherwise priming becomes a Pain in the B... It is a Great filter.
    Roberto.