AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: HELP !!!!!

Registered Member

Default HELP !!!!!

Hy .

I'll jump right into my problem. Everything was perfect in my 90 gallon tank.My 4 5" Checkerboard Pigeons were enjoying life and getting nicer and nicer every day. They were eating from my hand and so on. So i went away for Thanks Giving Saturday at noon and returned Sunday night. I prepared the food and i approched my tank thinking that they will jump out when they will see me as usual. Not even a thought. I am watching the first time the food touching the bottom without any fish moving towards it.
    And this is just the beginning. One of them starts and hits himself to all sides of the tank swimming incredilbly fast. It was and still is a nightmare. After a few minutes the other two follow. I am schoked and so stressed i can hardly move. My wife says to me "Turn off the lights" so i turn them off.
    They stay in one corner breathing heavily and i fall asleep.
    Today they did'nt touched the food untill noon the second time i fed them. Now it is still crazy. They fight like they lost their minds.
    And it is not stopping.They have the food at the bottom and they are fighting. Not just a simple fight. Imagine like you're fighting for your life .Something like that.
    I can't find anything wrong here. I checked the water.
    Everything is perfect. Ph 6.6 , KH 1,Ammonia , nitrites and even nitrates 0. Not even a trace. My water is 75 % RO and 25% aged tap. Temperature 86. I have the same thing running in the past 3 months .

Please helppppppp !
    I checked the fish no fizical signs. Only thing a noticed a fast breath but since that they are fighting non stop ....
    Last edited by lybrasoft; 11-27-2007 at 01:30 AM.

Default Re: HELP !!!!!

This happens to mine whenever I've been gone for a bit and come back. It's like you scared the crap out of them and they instinctively try to flee....SMACK!!! into the glass. Try backing off and making sure the room light is on before approaching the tank. Get your hands back in the tank, let em know you're back. Have you done any waterchanges yet?

Try doing a couple of water changes, even if its only 10 or 15% and straight after just drop a little food in, something like fbw or similar.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Registered Member

Thanks guys. I will keep up with my regular water changes. I am doing 10 % one day and 30% on every following. I feed them fbw and color bits. I did what you said and it is a little better. They are very aggressive to each other though. They fight all day. Never happened before.

Since my last additions to my community. There has been alot more aggression here as well. The good thing is that they are all out now, even my more timid BDs. So at least now I can see them all and the aggression is not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lybrasoft View Post
    Thanks guys. I will keep up with my regular water changes. I am doing 10 % one day and 30% on every following. I feed them fbw and color bits. I did what you said and it is a little better. They are very aggressive to each other though. They fight all day. Never happened before.
    the other thing is they are getting older and might just be going through their equivalent of the terrible teens
    Paul

Comfortably numb.