ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 150gal. in my future

Talking 150gal. in my future

Hi Simply members I wanted to tell u that I will be getting six new fish from Dan of Elite Aquaria. I have a tank going as we speak getting ready for them. They will be in this tank until I get my NEW 150 gal. I was playing w/the idea of a 240 until I actually saw it.
    I thought of a 125 but really, there is no wiggle room as Paul would say. I figure 150 is a good size for 12 beauties My son is helping me w/a sump so there will be good room in there.
    I would love some suggestions on how to do this. I have never had a sump, didn't even no what one was until a few yrs ago. ANY advice would be welcome from maintainance, equip, plants, etc....
    I plan on getting this tank in about 10 wks
    Last edited by alxjss; 11-26-2007 at 10:17 PM.
    Eileen

Default Re: 150gal. in my future

WOW! Congrats Eileen...be sure to show photos of the progression of this tank. This will be so much fun!

Lisa
    "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is not out to get you"

Hi,
    Congradulations! 150 gal WOW!
    Is it going to be the All-glass 150 Bow front? That is what I want some day. I have the 72 gallon now.

What is the reason that you are going with a sump. In my opinion that is more cost, more work, more noise and more evaporation.

Is this going to be a display tank in a living area?

Can't wait to hear about you setup progress.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by rlong View Post
    Hi,
    Congradulations! 150 gal WOW!
    Is it going to be the All-glass 150 Bow front? That is what I want some day. I have the 72 gallon now.

What is the reason that you are going with a sump. In my opinion that is more cost, more work, more noise and more evaporation.

Is this going to be a display tank in a living area?

Can't wait to hear about you setup progress.

Thanks for sharing.
    No, its not a bow front. The dims r 72x24x20 and yes, it will be in my living rm. I was told by my son a sump is alot better. I was wondering if it is beneficial to have a sump. From what my son says, it really better than filters. I haven't really done my homework yet on it. Like i said, don't no anything about a sump. Pics was never a thought. I will be posting pics! Promise
    Last edited by alxjss; 11-27-2007 at 06:17 AM.
    Eileen