ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jehmco Sponges

Default Re: Jehmco Sponges

Hehe, well I'm glad this thread has turned into an open forum for others who have bought from Jehmco to voice their opinions and experiences with the company and its products.

I have taken a look at the Azoo Sponge Filters, which Al made a comment about, and think based upon the opinions people have had about Jehmco on this thread, I shall make an order for the Azoo Sponge filters (which I can conveniently order them from Dr. Foster and Smith, along with multiple other items needed for a new tank set up). Thank you all so much for your recommendations and comments from your experience with the Sponge Filters.

Registered Member

Smile Re: Jehmco Sponges

Remember this hobbyist Jehmco is an American Hobbyist who supports hobbyist and aquarium society's and the american way,
    ATI is also an american company and all made and produce here in the good old USA, who also supports hobbyist and Society's.
    If we continue to offshore, like the big manufacturers are doing we shall become a 1 aquarium tank family just something to look at, and when your jobs are all gone so will your hobby's, The rich get richer, and the blue collar workers are idle. about 65% of all big Cichlid Breeders use ATI also Livebearer people, alot of the florida fish farmers use them also, I use them and no problems,

Hehe, well, I'm only interested in buying a quality product from a friendly company.. is does not matter to me where they are located in the world, geography isn't the key factor . If the company was located in the U.S, then I guess I would save a bit of money on the shipping... but all in all, I'd rather pay a little more on shipping If I received a great product from a company with awesome costumer service. Thats what makes a good company in my eyes.
    Vince

Registered Member

Another option for sponge filter (which I have been using for a few years) is a company out of Saskachewan. There website is www.ultimatesgonge.com They also sell sponge filters on aquabid
    I've been very happy with them. They are much denser than the ATI sponges and have fewer problems with floating after water changes. They have a larger pore size which I like since it doesn't seem to get clogged as fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12