ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: introducing of FLAMINGO

Registered Member

Default Re: introducing of FLAMINGO

Dear forrest,

Nice awesome red you have there. For sure these will grow up to be nice fishes. The black spec are almost gone. keep me update on them. I would like to get them some from you.

Regards,
    Kippy

very nice Forrest. Any pictures of big ones ?

Ronny

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Forrest,
    Very very Nice work! Hats off to both you and Jeffrey Yang!

This does pose a problem for people like me though that very badly need to cut back on their collection... Seeing fish like these makes me want to add another Tank

-al
    speaking of which, i just pmed you.
    aka David
    75g: 6 discus, 8 sterbai, 3 ancistrus
    "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend"

Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: introducing of FLAMINGO

Hi Forrest,

Thank you for sharing the info and nice pictures about the Flamingo..Awesome crossing!! Certainly looked like RGDs

Rgds
    Kevin

Registered Member

Forrest,

Super looking new red strain! Great bio and picture references of this strain as well. Awesome job!

Regards,

Vince

Registered Member

I was lucky enough to acquire some of these recently. The pink/peach/red colour spectrum is very reminiscent of the Flamingo bird and much more noticeable than what shows in the above photos and they have very nicely shaped dorsal and anal fin profiles.
    Great work!
    Tony

Beautiful fish Forrest -
    Very nice color,
    Great Job ! As always -
    B

Registered Member

Hi There Forrest,

These fish you have been growing up,arnt they just rgds as the have no difference from the previous rgds bred from others around you.
    To me the only reason these fish are pink is because of the carophyll pink in them.
    And are you trying to say that astaxanthin colors ur fish up that much?comon mate theres no way they get that red from it.
    So you are also saying that whenever someone gets to a 3rd generation of their breeding they can rename the fish?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fishgirl View Post
    Hi There Forrest,

These fish you have been growing up,arnt they just rgds as the have no difference from the previous rgds bred from others around you.
    To me the only reason these fish are pink is because of the carophyll pink in them.
    And are you trying to say that astaxanthin colors ur fish up that much?comon mate theres no way they get that red from it.
    So you are also saying that whenever someone gets to a 3rd generation of their breeding they can rename the fish?

Thanks
    Hi Fishgirl,

Thanks for giving the Flamingos F3 such high credits for the their close resemblence of the Red Golden Diamonds; compliments such as yours is a good motivation for us breeders who are putting our effort in creating or improving a nicer discus strains.as i mention on the very first post ofthis thread,they r a cross of a super melon n RGD.means,this strain is a pigeon base fish BUT they don't exhibit any peppering at their current size of 2.5"-3"at all.

As regard to the use of carophyll pink, in some circumstances there is indeed a need to use carophyll pink for grading certain strains. This will also ensure the quality of fish being sent to others. BUT IN THIS CASE,I did not use carophyll pink on them but astaxanthin.as the color of those fishes,do u think that they r too artificial?

I did explain to your carophyll pink questions already and I was expecting your reply:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t=60619&page=2

Again, exactly what makes u think that those fishes have been fed with carophyll pink? Again, does any part of body on the fishes that show the fishes has been colored with carophyll pink?

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fishgirl View Post
    Hi There Forrest,

Thanks
    Fishgirl,

I feel that whenever a breeder crosses two distinctly different lines and the line has been set for a few generations that they can give the fish a new name. He mentions that the line was a cross between a PB and a RGD by another breeder...

This is the second post that you accuse Forrest of using carophyll pink...Unless you have any hard facts I suggest that the mud slinging stop. Why do you think that carophyll pink was used on these fish. I have some 2.5 inch Red Melons that are only feed astaxanthin do you think these are fed with carophyll pink also?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Elite Aquaria; 01-06-2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Registered Member

Is it possible to see the picture of the parent?

Or othre Adult flamingo?

Thanks, and good job Forrest

Dan, Good job yourself :9) Those two fish look like my gold melons.. Do you breed these also?? Great job Forrest... David T

Forrest, vary nice I love the shape and the red in them is vary nice great job on these guys would love to see one in my tank!!!!
    Tiffany

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dpt8 View Post
    Dan, Good job yourself :9) Those two fish look like my gold melons.. Do you breed these also?? Great job Forrest... David T
    Forrest, Sorry to hijack your thread...

dpt8, Yes I bred these...I have about 100+ growing up and will have some ready by the end of this month.

hi all,
    thanks all for ur kind of words.

hi Dan,
    no problem at all i mean it.i take it as a kind of support to me as well,thx.

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast