ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TwoFishGuyz.com?

Registered Member

Default Re: TwoFishGuyz.com?

I have got fish from both of the sellers they are taking about. What parts of my messages are deserving to be excluded. I thought these was a review section on sellers. You guys get a little to touchy when others make their comments. Since I did have experiance with both sellers what did I do wrong? I quess I will keep my opinions to myself. Merry Christmas Gary

Hello Dallas. As you can see by my earlier post on this thread, I have purchased from Twofishguyz. The four I purchased came in slightly undersize but not worth complaining about. I can say that mine are growing well as Im sure yours will as well. Give them time and Im sure they will color up and grow quick. From my experience, Ryan and Hans are good people offering quality discus. Now please do not get angry with me as I can only comment on my personal experience.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by gta333 View Post
    .. What parts of my messages are deserving to be excluded...

The parts where you don't comment on your personal experience; which includes your last post. Do it again and you're gone.

The Simplydiscus.com Team
    Last edited by RandalB; 12-24-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Registered Member

Someone earlier had some comments...

"My question is why we never hear from twofishguyz?"
    - We like to let these message boards play out as they will. If you want a response from us, please send us a private message.

"I also dont like that sellers dont show you actual pictures of the fish you are buying."
    - The photos of discus on our site are stock photos from Han's site. It would be way too time consuming to take a picture of every single fish we ship.

"If you cant guarantee sizes, why advertise them that way?"
    - That is how they are listed by our dealer and that is how we sell them. Just like we aren't going to take a picture of every fish that comes through, we are also not going to measure every fish that comes through. Sometimes a fish may be smaller or larger than the listed size, that's just the nature of the beast. To avoid this problem, we are developing a new storefront on our site and we will be listing the discus sizes as small, medium, large, etc.

We would also never resort to filing "retaliatory feedback" just to be rude. We have only ever given one negative feedback to a customer EVER and the comment was accurate.

Sam

Of course there is no reason to get angry, I value your input. Sounds like you have had better luck than I have with these two fish peddlers. If mine were only slightly undersized, I would not have likely noticed. The reason I measured them is they were dramatically undersized and as you say, it is difficult to tell about color when they are very small. That is why I never purchase or order discus as small as Hans / Twofishuyz shipped. It has been over a week and they are eating and growing. Again too early to tell, but it looks like I got 3 keepers out of 10 fish... Not quite what I was expecting from "Stendker Discus". I would suggest to those following the thread to boycott Hans and TwoFishGuyz based off this issue and the general customer service.

I have received other

Quote Originally Posted by BOBT00LS View Post
    Hello Dallas. As you can see by my earlier
    post on this thread, I have purchased from Twofishguyz. The four I purchased came in slightly undersize but not worth complaining about. I can say that mine are growing well as Im sure yours will as well. Give them time and Im sure they will color up and grow quick. From my experience, Ryan and Hans are good people offering quality discus. Now please do not get angry with me as I can only comment on my personal experience.

Bob

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDBA View Post
    Of course there is no reason to get angry, I value your input. Sounds like you have had better luck than I have with these two fish peddlers. If mine were only slightly undersized, I would not have likely noticed. The reason I measured them is they were dramatically undersized and as you say, it is difficult to tell about color when they are very small. That is why I never purchase or order discus as small as Hans / Twofishuyz shipped. It has been over a week and they are eating and growing. Again too early to tell, but it looks like I got 3 keepers out of 10 fish... Not quite what I was expecting from "Stendker Discus". I would suggest to those following the thread to boycott Hans and TwoFishGuyz based off this issue and the general customer service.

I have received other
    You know what............I don't even feel the need to reply to that.

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

I have had dealings personally with Ryan as I'm fortunate to be very close.

I got my 8 discus from Ryan that are from the very first batch that he got from Hans. I was totally impressed with the obvious good health, color and shape. The ones I got were in the 2.5 to 3 inch range, which as anyone that has been in any aspect of the fish business knows is just an approximation. Seriously....we do put a stick to horses to measure height but never thought to "stick" a fish.

Will they all be show quality, worthy of breeding? That, as you all know remains to be seen. There is a reason that you all do not rate juvies. A lot depends on the care that I give them into adulthood. Even the best of genetics will not produce absolute perfection with each and every offspring.

Having met Ryan and dealt with him several times I can tell you there is nothing underhanded or dishonest about the way he conducts business. This is another grandma that gives him a seal of approval. I still have 8 healthy, growing discus and would recommend Hans and Twofishguyz.com to anyone.

Bev Newcomer

Smile Re: TwoFishGuyz.com?

Perhaps you could post pictures of your specimens.. I will eventually post pictures of what I received when they get to 3 1/2" as well as pictures of specimens I already have. At that point if they are not showing color, they probably will not ever be good specimens.

As for my dealings with Ryan, they mostly involved him screaming at me on the phone, while I tried to calm him down and resolve the discrepancy, so you can see I had a different experience than you did.

My Avatar is a picture of one of my favorites, though I have others that are probably more show quality, so you get the idea of what quality I had obtained from DALLASDISCUS.com (and other sources) prior to this. If they always had stock on hand I would buy exclusively from him, but unfortunately, he has a small operation run out of his garage and I wanted more variety than he currently has on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BevN View Post
    I have had dealings personally with Ryan as I'm fortunate to be very close.

I got my 8 discus from Ryan that are from the very first batch that he got from Hans. I was totally impressed with the obvious good health, color and shape. The ones I got were in the 2.5 to 3 inch range, which as anyone that has been in any aspect of the fish business knows is just an approximation. Seriously....we do put a stick to horses to measure height but never thought to "stick" a fish.

Will they all be show quality, worthy of breeding? That, as you all know remains to be seen. There is a reason that you all do not rate juvies. A lot depends on the care that I give them into adulthood. Even the best of genetics will not produce absolute perfection with each and every offspring.

Having met Ryan and dealt with him several times I can tell you there is nothing underhanded or dishonest about the way he conducts business. This is another grandma that gives him a seal of approval. I still have 8 healthy, growing discus and would recommend Hans and Twofishguyz.com to anyone.

Bev Newcomer

Registered Member

i received a few discus from Twofishguyz about two weeks ago and they were at least as large as stated on ther site.Plus the apisto pairs I purchased were in excellent shape and already displaying breeding behavior.Having purchased fish online for years was very impressed with the fish I received. They also were quick with returning e-mails and answering questions.
    My personal experience with them has been very satisfying and would definitly buy from them again.

I had long forgotten about my purchase from 2 fish guys. It has now been 3 months and all but one have survived. I said I might get 3 keepers out of the lot.. Now that they have colored up a bit, I am confident only 3 are keepers. Growth has been much slower than the Asian discus they share a tank with and they are now all over 2.5" with the largest between 3 and 3.25", so they have reached the sizes I originally ordered. I have not been on the forum since December, so I was surprised to get an angry email from the merchant. I will post it here and let everyone decide what to think for themselves. If you go through my posts, none of their accusations have anything to do with me. As for being from Virginia, my user ID is DallasDBA, so where would I be from? Possibly Dallas:

Hello Kyle,

I hope you understand you are not hurting our business by your constant attempts to bash us on whatever avenue you can find to listen. It shows that you must not have much going on in your life that you feel the need to still be upset over a quarter of an inch of a fish. Please state the truth on the posts you have been fabricating. Just like you are not from Virginia, your fish were not dead or sickly when you received them. If they were smaller that advertised so be it. I have apologized and given a partial refund. You will not be getting anything else from us. Please grow up. I don't even know why I bother to write this as your nature is to try to be a spitefull, and petty but your attempts are childish at best. I am sorry that you feel the need to continue to dwell on this issue.

Have a nice day,

Ryan and Sam
    www.TwoFishGuyz.com

Registered Member

As for this latest reply by Kyle, this was in regards to his posts on sites other than Simply. They were the pissed consumer.com and ripoff report and other sites like those. We have only had an issue with one customer. We follow up with every single transaction when the fish arrive. So I assure it is Mr. Fredirico posting these statements about our company. It just gets a bit frustrating to see that this one individual is constantly slandering our name. I made a mistake to even reply to his efforts. But sometimes you just need to speak your mind. In the future there will be no more comments from us on this issue. Our customers know our character and our ethical approach to our business practices. Here are links to what we are talking about. We have never sold fish to anyone in Alexandria, Virgina EVER!! So I wonder who this might be. That is all I have to say.

Ryan
    www.TwoFishGuyz.com

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0304223.htm - 39k -

twofishguyz-com.pissedconsumer.com/twofishguyz-com-rips-their-customers-off-20080311115132.html - 75k -

Ryan has some kind of reality problem? These are not my posts. they are from other customers.

Ryan, as you know I am not from Virginia..
    Last edited by DallasDBA; 03-23-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: TwoFishGuyz.com?

As stated by myself in another TwoFishGuyz thread, I purchased several prs. of dwarf cichlids from them. Really nice fish. Great condition and health as well. I recommend them highly for dwarf cichlids. I have not purchased any discus from them since I know Hans personally. I would go directly to the source.

Mat

Hello,

I have bought fish from twofishguyz and will state for the record the facts of my personal exp. First off I am from Virginia. Just thought I would get that out of the way as it seems to mean something to someone . The fish I recieved were 8 each of Blue Dia,Red Marl and blue pig. The fish were all of good size. The fish were all heathly. The blues and reds were true Strains from good linage. The PBS were mixed but the quality was outstanding and honestly nicer than what I thought I was getting. I have met Ryan once and couldnt really give you an opinion on him personally but he did follow through on all arangements. Hope this helps, Most Sincerely, Ed

Registered Member

Just got my 10 discus from Ryan, and they were amazing - either at 4" (the size ordered), or larger. The packing was great, and the transaction very smooth. Would definitely recommend them without reservation!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast