ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TwoFishGuyz.com?

Default Re: TwoFishGuyz.com?

It has been about 10 months since I originally posted an honest evaluation about 2 fish guyz. I have endured angry harassment emails and postings as well as the original issues of undersized discus. As I said I would do earlier in the thread, I am posting pictures of the 2 discus that I am happy with from this vendor. They have grown to 4.5” from the original 2”. Of the remaining discus, one other has shown good growth, one has shown some growth and the remainder very little growth. Three have been sick on and off and 1 finally died after several bouts. The 3.5” discus I had obtained locally have grown to 6 to 6.5” and are very well colored and have great markings.

The water in the tank gets a 40% change once a week.. (Too much?). The water going in and already in the tank is 86 F. and has a ph of 6.8. After the canister filter, there is an ultraviolet sterilizer.

There are several reputable vendors mentioned in this and other threads, so I would suggest that others may be better off buying from these others rather than a vendor with a spotty record and questionable behavior such as these guyz.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDBA View Post
    I had long forgotten about my purchase from 2 fish guys. It has now been 3 months and all but one have survived. I said I might get 3 keepers out of the lot.. Now that they have colored up a bit, I am confident only 3 are keepers. Growth has been much slower than the Asian discus they share a tank with and they are now all over 2.5" with the largest between 3 and 3.25", so they have reached the sizes I originally ordered. I have not been on the forum since December, so I was surprised to get an angry email from the merchant. I will post it here and let everyone decide what to think for themselves. If you go through my posts, none of their accusations have anything to do with me. As for being from Virginia, my user ID is DallasDBA, so where would I be from? Possibly Dallas:

Hello Kyle,

I hope you understand you are not hurting our business by your constant attempts to bash us on whatever avenue you can find to listen. It shows that you must not have much going on in your life that you feel the need to still be upset over a quarter of an inch of a fish. Please state the truth on the posts you have been fabricating. Just like you are not from Virginia, your fish were not dead or sickly when you received them. If they were smaller that advertised so be it. I have apologized and given a partial refund. You will not be getting anything else from us. Please grow up. I don't even know why I bother to write this as your nature is to try to be a spitefull, and petty but your attempts are childish at best. I am sorry that you feel the need to continue to dwell on this issue.

Have a nice day,

Ryan and Sam
    www.TwoFishGuyz.com
    The top 2 are from 2 fish guyz and again iI am pleased with these 2 of the 8 I purchased.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Thanks for getting us 3 pages of praise from other hobbyists here on simply discus! To return the favor to the forum, we will be adding a link to simply discus on our links page.

And to thank simply discus readers, we're offering 15% off all orders, just use code simply15 at checkout.

Keep it up Kyle and we'll make you an affiliate. Although you continually try to "spot our record" it continues to speak for itself.

The funny/sad part is DallasDBA posts the same line of BS every few months with a "I have long ago forgot" beginning, but that is obviously a lie, he has forgotton nothing. I have bought from these guys a large order of Hans Discus and they are very nice. Hans always begs people to come out and pick your own fish as not everyones taste is the same, but he has a large business and would not waste all his hard work ripping someone off for a few bucks. Truthfully, when I buy discus from a local I look at the fish and body shape, color too of course, and realize the size is approximate. If you want bigger fish buy 4" to 5" fish to start, juvies are juvies. I bought fish from Wattley himself in the 80's and got dime sized fish which were supposed to be 2 1/2", he just gave you a few extra. This is not an exact measurement, common sense should tell you that. The guys even gave you a rebate for gods sake, ever consider your diet and weekly water changes may be a factor in their growth?? Or non-growth??
    Last edited by MSD; 09-16-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    Mark

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDBA View Post

The water in the tank gets a 40% change once a week.. (Too much?).

Are you serious?

Based of the 2 fish guys last comment below, everyone can get the idea of what these people are like. If you need this kind of grief from a vendor as well as getting ripped off by receiving undersized fish, buy from 2 fish guys.

The results of the several discus I bought.. Well, one of them has grown and is very nice. Definitely belongs in my tank. A few of them never grew and eventually died. They lasted for a long enough time before eventually wasting away and dieing.. Of the remaining, 2 grew nicely and are OK for a contrast to the more attractive fish in the tank. Another 2 have grown little, but one of them has good color.

Anyway, there are good sources of discus in this forum and I would recommend buying from them rather than this unprofessional nasty pair of oddballs.

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    The funny/sad part is DallasDBA posts the same line of BS every few months with a "I have long ago forgot" beginning, but that is obviously a lie, he has forgotton nothing. I have bought from these guys a large order of Hans Discus and they are very nice. Hans always begs people to come out and pick your own fish as not everyones taste is the same, but he has a large business and would not waste all his hard work ripping someone off for a few bucks. Truthfully, when I buy discus from a local I look at the fish and body shape, color too of course, and realize the size is approximate. If you want bigger fish buy 4" to 5" fish to start, juvies are juvies. I bought fish from Wattley himself in the 80's and got dime sized fish which were supposed to be 2 1/2", he just gave you a few extra. This is not an exact measurement, common sense should tell you that. The guys even gave you a rebate for gods sake, ever consider your diet and weekly water changes may be a factor in their growth?? Or non-growth??
    Last edited by DallasDBA; 11-25-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Wow,

You change your water once a week and you expect growth? I totally agree with MDS on this. You are bitter Dallas and I would say that you need to look from within and see what your doing wrong. Jumping back into discus after many years was a little tuff. I ruined all the discus that I bought from Ryan but I do remember that the strains were excellent, well shaped and healthy. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Ed

Registered Member

While I have not purchased Discus from twofishguyz I have purchased dwarf cichlids.At the time of my order they were moving their stock to another location and the fish Were stressed from the move. Twofishguyz offered to send the fish but felt that perhaps waiting a few days would benefit the fish and I agreed. I ordered five fish and they sent seven. All of the fish were of excellent quality and are to this day. I have no complaints with these gentleman and will continue to shop with them. I have two discus that are stunted due to once weekly water changes (didn't know better) and two juveniles that benefit from three weekly water changes sometimes four and they are nearly as large as the two stunted fish. The two juveniles were purchased at nearly three inches and are growing nicely. Though I did not purchase the discus from Twofishguyz I would not hesitate to do so. And if all one can find to squeak about is a half inch Then god help you you insufferable #%&*(!@

Thanks for your feedback. You call me bitter. That is fine. The point of this forum it to document experiance with vendors. In this case I have been attacked for doing so by the vendor. As for growth, I have several fish from other vendors in the 6-7" range I grew from 2.5". Sparky, which is my avatar was 3.5" when I bought the fish from 2 fish guys is now 6.5" My method does seem to be working with my other fish and some of what I got from 3 fish guys. Discus love clean fresh water and I give them plenty of it after balancing PH and other impurities.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    Wow,

You change your water once a week and you expect growth? I totally agree with MDS on this. You are bitter Dallas and I would say that you need to look from within and see what your doing wrong. Jumping back into discus after many years was a little tuff. I ruined all the discus that I bought from Ryan but I do remember that the strains were excellent, well shaped and healthy. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Ed

I purchased 3 Discus Twofishguyz. Two 3" turqs & 1 red 4" pigeon. The fish are very good quality and are doing very well. They are in my 46 gal planted. I do (2) 40-50% water changes per week.

I feed them 2-3 times a day. FBW and flakes. They are all growing and getting more mature by the week. Ryan was very easy to work with. I will definitely purchase my next fish from him also. I'll try to post some pics.
    46 Gal Planted Bow
    1 Red Pigeon 1 Blue Pigeon 2 Turq Brilliant

Registered Member born2lovefish's Avatar

First time I ordered from twofishguyz I received fish that were about half the size they were suppose to be. However, after contacting them about the issue it was resolved very quickly. I would buy from them again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123