ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barb Newell was SPECIAL!

Registered Member

Default Re: Barb Newell was SPECIAL!

Another year has passed and I would like to extend to the SimplyDiscus membership a "Happy Holidays", I also ask that we all take time to reflect upon our lives, family and hobby and to put true values to them all. In memory of Barb Newell, this is something that I do each and every year. I personally may be out of Discus at the moment but the friendships that I have made over the years will live on for ever, and be part of each and everyday!

Barb and Lee you both are gone but not forgotten,

Tad

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    In case some of the newer members (which includes me) would like to know alittle about Barb may find this thread helpful.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...59-Barb-Newell
    In case some of the newer members are interested.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Tad you and I are both out of discus. Barb was a very special friend of mine and neighbour. She got me into discus some 12 years ago. She is in my prayers this time of the year.
    Best wishes for the holidays.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    Another year has passed and I would like to extend to the SimplyDiscus membership a "Happy Holidays", I also ask that we all take time to reflect upon our lives, family and hobby and to put true values to them all. In memory of Barb Newell, this is something that I do each and every year. I personally may be out of Discus at the moment but the friendships that I have made over the years will live on for ever, and be part of each and everyday!

Barb and Lee you both are gone but not forgotten,

Tad
    RIP Barb and Lee

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

Having just returned to Discus and Simply Discus I'm spending some time reading anything that brings me closer to Barb if just for a very short time.

It's odd but when I first met Barb and recognized how caring a person she was I remember thinking just how much she was truly one of a kind.

I'll never forget watching her play peek-a-boo with her Discus and a piece of paper. I will always remember Barb and how often she made me laugh.

Sorry that I didn't get to meet everyone that came by to see Barb and her fish but life was pretty darn busy for me then. Sounds like there were many special relationships.

Tina
    If people concentrated on the very important things in life, they're be a definite shortage of Discus.

Registered Member

I do not come here often but when I do its usually to see what my discus friends are up to today. The last couple of years have been stressful and Im sure your connection to the discus or aquarium hobby has help keep and maintain your sanity. However why I am here today to to remember an old friend who now has been gone for more than a decade. That Friend was Barb Newell, we were rookie discus fanatics at the same time, learning from the likes of Al, Cary, Carol, Jeff Doty and John Nicholson.. talk about a expert group of discus friends! Barb took this hobby to the highest level with love and integrity, her love for the hobby and her family will not ever be forgotten by Me, it left an imprint on my life forever. Oh and over time Barb joined the ranks of the likes of the above mentioned discus experts. Gone but not forgotten, Happy Holidays to Barb and the rest of the Simplydiscus family....
    Tad

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

This is a very nice post to read, to remind us of a lady who was so important to many people and fish. I am sorry to have not met her, but know a bit about her now from reading this thread.
    Thank you for posting,
    Another Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Like Barb Odgers, I didn't know Barb Newell but I recall hearing a lot of nice things about her around my early years of joining Simply - I gathered she was a special person.

Real Name
    Willie

Wow, this brings back memories. I remember Barb, and her Ocean Greens, very well. After meeting her virtually, I had a chance to drop in while on a business trip to Winnipeg. This was long before she got sick.

We had a very nice conversation and I remembered how clean she kept her fish tanks. Barb showed me a couple of places in the tank that nobody bothered to clean, except her, of course. So sad.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123