ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fed Ex Sucks

Default Re: Fed Ex Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
    I'm not sure about other parts of the country, but our FedEx driver here at work said the Christmas rush was surprisingly mild this year and that no one from his sort facility had the need to take a larger truck and/or storage trailer or extend/lengthen their routes and delivery times.
    Looks like the slowdown is nationwide:

FedEx Corp.'s second-quarter earnings fell 6% because of a weaker U.S. economy and higher fuel prices, the shipping-services giant said Thursday.

Registered Member

Talking Re: Fed Ex Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Seastep View Post

Well, looks like I drew the short straw this time around. After waiting around all day, Fed Ex finally decided to deliver the package at 5 pm. When the Fed Ex moron handed me the box, I knew I wasn't going to like what I found inside. The box was painfully cold to the touch! Which meant that this dolt had been driving around in the 20 degree weather with it in the back of his truck all day. (Probably while he hung out in some bar.) Fed Ex tracking told me that it had been in his truck since 7:30 that morning!!!!!

When I opened the box up..... all six discus were dead. The water temp. was 56 degrees.

I feel bad for Al... All of his hard work has been wasted and these fish are dead because some idiot doesn't do his job.

Anyway, Al will try again for a Thursday arrival. I'm going to pick them up at the Fed Ex location this time. I hope I cool off between now and then or things could get ugly when I see these Fed Ex clowns.....

-- Scott
    Scott: I am very sorry that you loss your Discus I have been using FED EX for a few years and I have not had any problems and we all know s--- happens and it is a tragety in your case. I hope you have better luck next time Happy holidays. Mike

Okay.. Okay

I think I probably owe the good folks at Fed Ex an apology. My little boy and I went out to the Fed Ex hub this morning to pick up the second shipment of fish from Al. The package was right there where it was supposed to be and the lady who helped us was SUPER nice. She let my son watch (and help) log the package in and sign it out to us. He was thrilled (He's two.)

I think I've learned something already from this challenge. ALWAYS pick up your fish shipments at the Fed Ex Hub. It's only about 15 minutes away from my house. (I didn't know that!!) It puts you in control of how and when the fish get to your house!!

-- Scott

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Scott, I think it can be even closer, every were there are Kinko's and by shipping to the Kinko's you can pick them up 99% at 9:00am

But.........glad everything went well even after you put a hex (sp?) on FedEx lol lol

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

OK Scott, where r the pics?
    Eileen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234