ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/19 - Arrival Day.....Take Two

Default Re: 12/19 - Arrival Day.....Take Two

Glad all went well today.
    The discus are looking great

Ardan

Everyone seems to be settling in well. I went ahead and fed FBW a couple times today and a couple tries at some ONFO pellets. Everything seemed to go over well. Eventhough six just arrived today I figured it didn't hurt to feed and do a WC tonight since the original three had been in the tank for a day and I didn't start with seeded sponges. There were two or three that were just anaware it was feeding time tonight but I'm sure they'll catch on in the coming days. I think I'll probably stick to the Ocean Nutrition pellets and FBW for right now until they're all eating well, then work my way into other foods...maybe.
    -Karen

Forgot to add that the size of the water change was about 90%. I opted not to resalt the water as I think everyone is doing fine. Water change time was a little traumatic, i.e. scared of the siphon tube...dashing to the other end. But they are not shy otherwise, they come right out to eat and let me stand right in front of the tank and watch them.
    -Karen

Karen,
    I think I'll probably stick to the Ocean Nutrition pellets and FBW for right now until they're all eating well, then work my way into other foods...maybe.
    One of the pellets I feed here is ONF1.

take care and good luck,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Hi Karen. Great pics. U made the drive very enlighting Glad u went and picked up the little guys. Also glad everything turned out good. U r on ur way. Good luck challanger

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    And what I have learned is...once you pack them....say a prayer to your patron God, offer sacrifice, burn offerings, go to confession..whatever it takes...but be sure you are on the powers that be's good side...because you really are powerless once you ship them...doesn't matter if they hold for pick up or delivered to their door priority... Its all timing and luck...

I spoke with 5 different fedex reps this morning and all 5 told me so many different stories that I finally started chalking it up as a loss... and an expensive non-replaceable one.

This is the first time that I am actually relieved that Fedex didn't know what was going on with it....if they had...the fish would have been in limbo until tomarrow morning which was the jist of all the reps story.

One thing to note...all the excuses are the same this time of year...its weather delays ..not so they can explain it to you...but so they don't have to refund your shipping.

-al
    U poor guy. U were stressed just as much as we were. Don't worry Al, no good faith stands unrecognized. Hopefully, it will be soon. What a dedicated hobbiest. U r not just a brewmaster Al, to me u r the Discus master as well
    Eileen

Hi Karen! Wanted to say good luck to you with the challenge! I'm sure I will learn some things along the way from all of you. I haven't been able to spend much time on simply lately, but need to find more time, this challenge has me so excited to see all the new posts!
    Debbi

Breeding Sterbai Cories and Long Fin L144 Bristlenose Plecos

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Great Pictures! Doesn't look like that Fed Ex guy was too pleased you took his picture! Ya gotta love it!

Great presentation, Karen

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Karen,

One of the pellets I feed here is ONF1.

take care and good luck,
    al
    You know what? I knew that and took note prior to receiving the fish. I was running low on Color Bits and wanted to try something different so figured why not try that. The rest of my fish aren't head over heels about them yet but I'm sure they'll come around. I like them because they are smaller and slightly moist so I think they are easier for them all to eat and create less mess than the bits did.
    -Karen

Thanks Debbi and Marie. I think this is going to be a fun time for everyone and I think we're all already learning something from it with all the shipping issues and everything. Also, I wanted to make my threads somewhat entertaining because that's just more fun!
    -Karen

Yes it looks like this is gonna be a fun thread!

I can hear the fed ex driver now. Sittin around the dinner table with the wife an kids tellin them about how this broad drivin in front of him was takin his picture through the back window...heh heh heh

Glad yer off an runnin! Good luck. I am definately subscribed!

tc
    Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by KJoFan View Post
    The lady noted that the bottom was cold and it was wet so I promptly opened it when I got in the car to make sure all was well, and it was thank goodness. So off we went towards home and who should come up behind us but...
    When I read this I thought, OMG, let it not have flashing lights, and you getting a speeding ticket trying to get the fish home on time! LOL.

But then it looks like the Fed ex guy was flying since he passed you . (but who can give a speeding ticket to Santa?)

Take care and glad everything made it there OK.

Tina

If you look at the first picture again Tina, you'll see the thing on the dash...it's a radar detector. Not that I advocate speeding or anything...

I just got myself right out there behind him and let him lead the way!
    -Karen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12