ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Al, i have a ?

Default Al, i have a ?

Hi Al. I need to no the name of the flake food u use. I don't no what the initials r so can u please elaborate. I have tried several flakes and they don't eat them. Whats ur secret
    thanks
    Eileen

Default Re: Al, i have a ?

I think al said that he was feeding the Ocean nutrition flakes. Formula 1 i think.

That's from my shoddy memory though.
    walk signal

I believe he uses the Ocean Nutrition Formula One pellets, not flakes. But I'm sure he'll be along at some point to clarify. I use the pellets and they eat them just fine so....perhaps give them a try.
    -Karen

ONF1 (Ocean Nutrition Formula One) comes in flake and pellet form - the fry will probably eat both My younger fish loved the ONF1 flakes, but I feed my adults the pellets.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the info. I no he feeds flakes because they r @ the top looking for them
    Eileen

Registered Member

Ah, well deduced Sherlock
    Regards
    B-O-F

AL uses a few types of HBH flakes. I know that he uses Seafood Lovers Flakes, has used Meat Lovers Flakes and perhaps Discus Angel flakes. These are all available through Jehmco www.jehmco.com
    John is a really class act. Very helpful and extremely service minded. THe flake food can be purchased in bulk for around $18/kilo. I personally use these foods (per suggestion from Al) and find that all my fish (young and old) do really well with them
    HTH
    peter

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Eileen,

if you need the Angel/Discus flake fast and if you can't get it, send me an email at discus-hans@comcast.net I trow some in a box and over night it on Friday to you. I've the food in bulk in stock because I mix it in my food mix.

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Hi All,
    Eileen I do feed flake as Peter said..I like the HBH Brands..but any good quality flake should do... In case you hadn't realized it..These youngsters will eat pretty much anything..which is how I like it!

Hans,
    Thats a very generous offer for the flakes!

Karen,
    I definetly feed ONF 1 pellets...I Don't feed the flakes only because The HBH Brand seafood lovers mix is similar and less expensive.

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Eileen,

if you need the Angel/Discus flake fast and if you can't get it, send me an email at discus-hans@comcast.net I trow some in a box and over night it on Friday to you. I've the food in bulk in stock because I mix it in my food mix.

Hans
    Wow Hans, that is very nice. I will let u know if i can't find it. I might take u up on this Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hi All,
    Eileen I do feed flake as Peter said..I like the HBH Brands..but any good quality flake should do... In case you hadn't realized it..These youngsters will eat pretty much anything..which is how I like it!

hth,
    al
    Don't mean to disappoint u al, but they don't eat my earthworm flakes. I haven't tried brine shrimp flakes, i do have them, i will try today tho. Maybe i can get them to eat them, but i don't want to go too long w/o food either
    thanks
    Eileen

One thing you can do is mix all the types of flakes you have in one container. Then when you feed you are feeding all the varieties.

good idea angela. will try that
    Eileen

That's what I do with a couple of my flakes. I use the Omega One Freshwater Flakes for my other fish and have some Spirulina flakes as well, so rather than alternating feedings I just mix them so they get some of both each time. I need to find some other quality flake(s) to try, but I've never had much luck with discus eating flakes.
    -Karen