ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: geosystems???

Registered Member

Default geosystems???

Hello All,
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the "Geosystems" made by Hagen. I am looking at the 77 gallon model for a few discus and intend to plant the tank heavily with swords, vals and mabey a few crypts. Ive been the the plantedtank.net but i havent had any responses yet. The site that you can link to if you are unsure is
    http://www.geosystemaquarium.com/
    any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Default Re: geosystems???

ime there are better quality tanks available.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

I have a 32 gal that still isint set up yet. Waiting for flourite gravel to come in. It doesnt look too bad but my issue is with the stand. It looks flimsy and imo will just bairly hold the tanks weight, a dresser would be stronger
    Again the tank is nice AND you can use it as a rimless tank which i like.

Registered Member

thanks for the reply guys. I like the look of the canopy and that it comes with the fluval canister. Im probabbly going to go for it.

In my experience alot of what your paying for, and paying ALOT for, in these systems is the name, and if it has a philosophy you pay extra for that to. The philosophy of this system is available for free on any forum with a natural biotope section.
    I'm not sure but the lighting, 42" 40w flourescents, sounds like a custom made job so you'll have to buy bulbs from them.
    I think you could buy a 75g aquarium and stand localy and the filter, lights, foods etc much cheaper on line. At least check it out.
    Do you happen to know the cost of the setup?
    Kacey

Registered Member

its 550 for the tank, stand, canopy and fluval canister. Im mostly excited about the price but its been there awhile so im wondering why.

That's actually a pretty good price for a lfs. You'd probably have to go with a used setup to get a better price. Unless aquariums and supply's just cost less up there. Do you guys have Creiglist? If so, check them out.

Kacey