ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discus interest in Madison, WI area?

Default Re: Discus interest in Madison, WI area?

You're welcome. You won't be disappointed dealing with Keith, any way at all. Hope he isn't embarassed, upset, or adverse to my referring you and others to him.
    Last edited by discuspaul; 02-14-2011 at 10:45 PM.

I got a very nice PM from Keith today. He sounds like a great guy. Unfortunately his baby discus are all sold. Looks like I'll be dealing with Hans and have some shipped in. Maybe I'll get back into breeding them? It'll take some time but we'll see how it goes.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Sent you a PM, I had a wild thought after receiving your response PM.

Oh, and dude, you so need an avatar.

Welcome to the dark side of Keith humor you hadn't seen yet. Just ask dem der loser Bears fans! Out trolling the forums this evening waiting with a nice glass of merlot for the pizza to arrive.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 02-15-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    President - North American Discus Association

Keith,
    Sent you a PM back. I know all about then Bear fans! Some of my buddies are die hard Bear fans and have welched on the bets they made with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    From time to time my pairs will bless me with a batch of fry, you can PM me if you'd like to know when I have juvies available or if you just think I can help you out with your transition. I only keep 3 pairs so it's very hit and miss whether I have any little ones available. Right now I have a very small batch of red turqs. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...nts-and-Babies

Hope you enjoy Madison.
    Keith
    You can't go wrong if Keith's pairs start producing again. I seen is juvies first hand and they are awesome! And Keith is a hell of a nice guy!
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

I happen to have some of his fry in my possesion right now, let's say babysitting them. they are all healthy and eating me out of house and home.
    if the that's any help. i'd also like to say the bear's fan has some fine fish to offer also, as alway's.bear's fan...
    Jay,

the reason i like discus?... is discus seem to like me.

Registered Member

Sorry I'm late to this thread. I've kept discus in Madison for close to 40 years and I think in all that time I've been able to buy quality fish in town here twice. If your the type that must see the fish you're buying as opposed to on-line I've had good luck with local Chicago breeders. Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure to meet those in Janesville. It is a shame as it's only 45 minutes from here and no tolls! Heck I've never met any of the other discus fanatics here as it really really sucks here when trying to even find anything that remotely resembles a discus in this town.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by discussmith View Post
    Sorry I'm late to this thread. I've kept discus in Madison for close to 40 years and I think in all that time I've been able to buy quality fish in town here twice. If your the type that must see the fish you're buying as opposed to on-line I've had good luck with local Chicago breeders. Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure to meet those in Janesville. It is a shame as it's only 45 minutes from here and no tolls! Heck I've never met any of the other discus fanatics here as it really really sucks here when trying to even find anything that remotely resembles a discus in this town.
    The fishroom, such that it is, is almost always open. If you're headed south some time I'm about 5 minutes off the expressway and easy to find.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member

I have got to say that i disagree with hoffers having poor quality. I purchased quite a few discus from hoffers because I know they get theirs from Wayne and discus Hans... Now I purchased 5 up to date.. All 5 are still very healthy and doing great. I had numerous spawns off of one pair but because I'm not quite experience, I was never able to help the parents raise the eggs... But I got to say hoffers do have some good discus. I shop at Aquatic unlimited from time to time, but will not buy discus there..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12