ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

I will still be floating around here ~ a bit ~

I have decided to try my hand at Frontosas ~ and due to limited space in my tiny home, and the rather large tank I am getting....well ~ need I say more?

I look at my discus and my eyes water, but I will admit the decision was quite easy, for some reason.....I have 8 discus, 5 of them I have had from the beginning, over two years ago ~ Ms. Pringles was my first and I still have her. I am keeping Mr. Spots Clifford as he is still recovering ~ I still have a few of the discus I won as forum angel ( which most know now, I am certainly not, admit it Al! )

I am working with a private party in trade for the set up of my choice and he will take my set up and my discus ~

I will cry all the way home no doubt ~

I have learned so much here on Simply ~ and met many and have been so lucky to have some very close friends as well~ I am not going far ~ so those of you that think I am ~ not gonna happen.

Al, Ryan,
    Thank you for teaching me so much about.....so much ~ Ardan, Jose, Barb Traco, Angela and Andrew ( Bob ) April, Cliff, Jason, Adrian, Sue .....what can I say? If I have forgotten anyone , forgive me as this is not easy ~

Kenny, Dan ~ Gentleman ~ you have given me so much in the last few years and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

And for Frank, Connie, Liz ~ You guys will always have my heart, man ~ and I know that I will always have you in my life ~

Amber ~ we are going to have tons of fun, chica! It always amazes me how close we are and how well we know each other You know where to find me ~

And Paul ~ always there when I needed you ~ for what ever reason ~ How lucky can a girl get I ask you?

So ~

Don't forget me too soon, guys!

Marie ~
    Last edited by Kindredspirit; 01-01-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Default Re: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

Welcome to the club Marie! In truth, my discus have been gone since Oct. Right now I have two H. Moorii and an AER in my 125. Someone I know will be sending me some kavala frontosas. I have been wanting fronties for a very long time, but could not get another big tank.

These guys:

And to be honest, I do not enjoy the discus anymore SimplyDiscus has taught me so much.. too much in fact. Right now, I cannot look at any discus, without judging it. I no longer look at my tank full of discus and think "how pretty" but instead I think.. "Is that eye just a little too big? Look at the transition on the dorsal of that fish.. it could be better.. " etc and it saddens me, like I did not do a good enough job with them. I cant do it. Not any more. So I've moved on.

Obviously I still like the discus as I'm still around.. but I cannot keep them anymore.

So I wish you all luck with your fish and I'll be around!
    Amber
    Last edited by AmberC; 01-01-2008 at 12:34 PM.
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Registered Member Tropical Haven's Avatar

Marie,
    Good luck on your new adventures and I wish you didn't get out of the discus completely but I understand. I hope that you still stay on this board and still contribute to some discussions. I will miss you for sure, take care and Happy New Year.
    Scott

Alls I can say is WOW! You guys have come so far .... I thought for sure that I'd see you actually Breeding what you worked so hard to raise....Its the best part.

I have a feeling you'll be back...most that leave do come back to it all.

Best of luck though...Fronts are a great fish....so I am sure they'll keep you busy.

Good luck, and I am glad we were all able to help along the way.

-al

ps.. Amber, It may be hard for you to not be able enjoy those discus...but I am glad Simply taught you what to look for in a discus...maybe if you get back into this hobby...that info will help you if you breed your own.
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-01-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Marie.... Leavin Discus? Wow....That pretty much sucks!! Man that had ta be a pretty tough decision after given em names an all!!!

I guess yer gonna be over at "SC" quite a bit now huh?

GL in all yer endeavors!! I know you wont be a stranger...

Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    SimplyDiscus has taught me so much.. too much in fact. Right now, I cannot look at any discus, without judging it. I no longer look at my tank full of discus and think "how pretty" but instead I think.. "Is that eye just a little too big? Look at the transition on the dorsal of that fish.. it could be better.. " etc and it saddens me, like I did not do a good enough job with them.
    I kinda think the same way sometimes myself. I've only been doin it for a couple a years though, an the more practice I get The better the Discus will look I believe...

Maybe you guys can have the best of both worlds soon!

tc
    Mark

tc
    Mark
    Mark

Wow Marie and Amber I am new to discus and always loved reading your posts. It is a shame you have lost interest in discus but hey you are still keeping fish. Now just because you moved away from discus doesn't mean you can't keep posting here I look forward to your posts.

Now that is one sad looking fish Amber

A Friend in discus
    John
    You can't see where you're going
    If
    You don't know where you've been

Registered Member Elite Aquaria's Avatar

Marie,

I am very sad to see that you will be leaving us...Best of luck with your new fish. Stay healthy and keep in touch.

Amber, I was wondering where you went...

WOW Marie,
    that is very sad news for all of here at Simply D. You have added so much life to this forum. I know that you have touched me in a very special with all that you added here.
    I hope nothing but the best for you in all that you do. I will miss you a great deal.
    peter

HI Marie!! It is so hard to believe you won't be doing discus anymore, but the Frontosa's are awesome fish too! Over many years I have kept many kinds of fish, including a Frontosa, and I enjoyed the challenges and everything I learned about the different fish, and once the challenge was over, I'd find myself getting interested in yet another new (to me) variety of fish and have to move on! I love my discus and hope to keep these guys a long time. But I often think if anything goes wrong and I lose them, I'm not sure that I'd refill the tank again with discus. I have put more of my heart and hard work into them than any other fish I've had. And there's tons of things to learn about other cool fish too!! Enjoy your new endeavor and the awesome tank you're getting. You're a big part of Simply.....almost 10,000 posts woman!!! You will be hugely missed!!!

Amber good luck to you as well!!
    Debbi

Breeding Sterbai Cories and Long Fin L144 Bristlenose Plecos

Sounds like a fun new adventure to me...isn't that what the hobby is all about?!

Have fun with the fronties!!!
    "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is not out to get you"

WHAT THE ....! Oh, you two Marie, I will definitely miss you. You've been like my cheerleader here not to far away with a funny post. I really hope this doesn't mean you won't be cruisin' through and keepin' in touch. I wish you luck with those fronts, but don't you forget that once you've been bitten by the discus bug, it's only a matter of time....

I hope those fronts bring you as much joy as Discus have. Good luck, girls!!

Good Luck...

Best of luck with the fronts!
    You have definately come a long way with the discus and I think it is in your blood, so yes I think you will be back

Ardan

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Alls I can say is WOW! You guys have come so far .... I thought for sure that I'd see you actually Breeding what you worked so hard to raise....Its the best part.

I have a feeling you'll be back...most that leave do come back to it all.

Best of luck though...Fronts are a great fish....so I am sure they'll keep you busy.

Good luck, and I am glad we were all able to help along the way.

-al

ps.. Amber, It may be hard for you to not be able enjoy those discus...but I am glad Simply taught you what to look for in a discus...maybe if you get back into this hobby...that info will help you if you breed your own.
    I believe it will Al Thanks.

Amber
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Marie,
    I wish you all the best in your new venture,As Al said you'll be back if you are a true lover of the flat fish it's too late it's in your blood !

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast