ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

Default Re: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

Marie, I am saddened but I understand. Many people come and go, and many "think" they know discus, you were, and still are, a proper discus keeper.

I've said this to others, discus gets in your blood, it's not a hobby, it's an obsession, in time you will be back. I guess one forums loss will be anothers gain. See you on SC, at least I will keep my hand in with MarieSpeak
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Marie, Sad to see you are going, you are a great asset to the board and will be missed by all. Good luck with your new project. Fronty's are fun, heck all fish are fun...i'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Rod

I'm in shock! I totally understand though. It is hard at times to keep up with everything for discus especially when there is only 1 of you doing it all. You will really enjoy the fronts though. We have had them in the past and really liked them. Please stay in touch and have as much fun with them as you have had with your discus.

You will be missed!!!!!!!!!!

OH I'm TOTALY shocked !
    AND sad !
    One of the people I really had aspirations to learn from !
    I just got here and now your going ???
    What a tough decision to make, but I really hope you enjoy your new endeavor, and I know you'll have great sucess.
    Hope you'll still post some pics now and then of the new fish, answer questions when you can, and not be a stranger...........
    Great luck with the new guy's, and I hope you'll come back to Discus someday. (SOON)
    B

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23 View Post
    Marie, I am saddened but I understand. Many people come and go, and many "think" they know discus, you were, and still are, a proper discus keeper.

I've said this to others, discus gets in your blood, it's not a hobby, it's an obsession, in time you will be back. I guess one forums loss will be anothers gain. See you on SC, at least I will keep my hand in with MarieSpeak

Oh wow. Now you have me really crying Paul. I really am a "proper discus keeper"....?

Wow. You have mad e myu day Paul. Thanks really

I will be back...
    Last edited by Kindredspirit; 01-02-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Marie, what in the world are you doing, woman? OMG! I am just shocked, both that you are leaving your Discus and that Discus have become unenjoyable for Amb! Well, do what you must, but I think you will be back to Discus. I took a break myself, years ago, and vowed I'd never get Discus again... too much work... so of course, I went out and got... Discus, again! LOL!!!!

We will keep in touch! Good luck Marie! And Amber, I know what you mean, I do that same thing sometimes, but then I remember that nothing is perfect and my Discus are still beautiful to look at.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Registered Member

Marie,
    Wow, I'm shock, you have come a long ways lady but I sure you will be back.

Take Care and Good Luck!
    Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Wow Its sad to see you go, but I understand...even Jack Wattley gave up discus for frogs.
    I wish the both of you all the best and I know you will take the beauty of our hobby with you wherever you go.
    Thank You, Jason! Frogs, huh? I wonder how that went over....they are not doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    ok Marie....I'll admit it.....

I have more PLECO's than discus right now
    Do you really? That is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by crimson cross View Post
    Hi Marie, sorry to see you giving up on discus (for the moment), but you'll be back later, I am quite sure of that...anyway, have a great frontosa journey. Take care .
    Phil.
    Thank You Phil! I will have a great journey I am sure

Quote Originally Posted by digthemlows View Post
    Man and I'm right here in Sacramento looking for a couple of discus to add to the tank!!! ......enjoy your adventure......I left discus for 10 years and now I'm back!
    No Way! You are in Sac? Where? We should talk sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Palue View Post

So enjoy your new fish and best of luck to you both....
    That was very nice of you to say ~ thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear View Post
    WHAT?
    Yep Don't worry, Larry ~ you and Ingrid will still see me around

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23 View Post
    See you on SC, at least I will keep my hand in with MarieSpeak

So....I must have missed this part since my tears were in the way this morning....but you won't see me on BIDKA? Okay...I see how it is, Paul lol!

....and you "speak Marie" very well indeed, Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Marie, Sad to see you are going, you are a great asset to the board and will be missed by all. Good luck with your new project. Fronty's are fun, heck all fish are fun...i'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Rod

Thanks, Rod! At least you didnt say I was a great asset to the board....I can not imagine not coming here every day.....

I will be back with pics

Quote Originally Posted by AADiscus View Post
    I'm in shock! I totally understand though. It is hard at times to keep up with everything for discus especially when there is only 1 of you doing it all. You will really enjoy the fronts though. We have had them in the past and really liked them. Please stay in touch and have as much fun with them as you have had with your discus.

You will be missed!!!!!!!!!!

You were like one of the first ones I thought of ~ Where is BOB? Guess he just couldn't take the news? Sad and all? lol!

I will stay in touch ~ I promise

Quote Originally Posted by BSW View Post
    OH I'm TOTALY shocked !
    AND sad !
    One of the people I really had aspirations to learn from !
    I just got here and now your going ???
    What a tough decision to make, but I really hope you enjoy your new endeavor, and I know you'll have great sucess.
    Hope you'll still post some pics now and then of the new fish, answer questions when you can, and not be a stranger...........
    Great luck with the new guy's, and I hope you'll come back to Discus someday. (SOON)
    B
    aww...Brenda you are killing me here! Thank you for the compliments! ~ I will still be around ~ I am doing my last wc today and they go to their new home tomorrow....it will be a long night to be sure

I simply can not believe I am doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal View Post
    Marie, what in the world are you doing, woman? OMG! I am just shocked,
    I know I know....I have rec'vd emails, pm's and calls.........They go tomorrow, Connie ~ I will move Mr. Spots to the 55gal alone, for a while I think....

Thank you for always being there, woman and you always know where to find me!

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Marie,
    Wow, I'm shock, you have come a long ways lady but I sure you will be back.

Take Care and Good Luck!
    Cliff
    And you have taught me much, Cliff ~ I will never forget when Candy and I came to visit you ~ that was incredible

I have been asking myself all day, what the hell I am doing... Clock is ticking too....

Thank You!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Hi Marie. I wish you all the best of luck with your new venture. I'm thinking that you may not find discus a challenge as much now, and you are looking for something new to get absoarbed in. Thats great! Thank you for your replies to my posts, in fact you were the very first to reply to me when l first joined not so long ago. I am sure that you will not be too far away, and hope that you will be checking up on me through out the challenge from time to time.
    you are truely one of many 'Simply Discus Angels'

GOOD LUCK!
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Hi Marie,
    All i can say is best of luck Marie in your new venture, I left the discus scene a few
    years back, but its a fact they never really leave you its a "Passion", huge thanks for
    all your replys, and nice comments on the forums.....Its what its all about Marie .
    Hope to see you around here.
    Best
    Regards
    Ben Anderson.
    "Some Days Are Diamonds Some Days Are Stones"

Marie, I am surprised. Your daily input will be missed. I took a break from Discus and came back stronger than ever and I would expect you may follow the same path. African Cichlids have a lot to offer and should be fun. Best of luck with the Fronts (they get big and nasty!!LOL) and do stay in touch!
    Keep smiling,
    BOB

Registered Member GulfCoastDiscus's Avatar

Marie,
    This is a big shock Marie. Good luck and I know you'll be as fanatic with Fronts as you were with Discus. Look out Frontosa Forums.

I been bitten by them as well. I have a colony of 25 Fronts. I Been growing the out from 2". They are now 4"+.

I find that they grow quickly if you do the same waterchange like you do for discus.

Respectfully,
    John
    www.houstonaquariumwarehouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Thank you for your replies to my posts, in fact you were the very first to reply to me when l first joined not so long ago. I am sure that you will not be too far away, and hope that you will be checking up on me through out the challenge from time to time.
    you are truely one of many 'Simply Discus Angels'

GOOD LUCK!
    Joe, man...thank you so much for this....I just did my last wc on these guys and I look at them and they are so pretty....I wonder if I can....wow.

I will be around to check up on you! You will do just fine in the challenge! They picked a winner when they chose you

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    all your replys, and nice comments on the forums.....Its what its all about Marie .
    Hope to see you around here.
    Best
    Regards
    Ben Anderson.

You are most welcome Ben ~ thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Country Discus View Post
    Marie, I am surprised. Your daily input will be missed. I took a break from Discus and came back stronger than ever and I would expect you may follow the same path. African Cichlids have a lot to offer and should be fun. Best of luck with the Fronts (they get big and nasty!!LOL) and do stay in touch!
    Keep smiling,
    BOB

There you are. Andrew...what can I say? It is going to be a long night ~ my last night with them....I just did my last water change and they look so pretty, Andrew....

Thank You For Everything.....

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastDiscus View Post
    Marie,
    This is a big shock Marie.
    Ya think? I have not done it yet, Dan ~ I have been thinking of you a lot tonight ~ I still have my fav fish, Dan. Remember, the one you sent me? The Golden x Albino Intermediate? Remember when they all were sick and dying because I was stupid? And you were there...remember? Crap. This was easier when I don't come here. The tears.....wow

Good luck and I know you'll be as fanatic with Fronts as you were with Discus. Look out Frontosa Forums.
    That is funny....someone over at Cyphos just told me that ~ remember what you first told me when I first joined Simply? I do

I been bitten by them as well. I have a colony of 25 Fronts. I Been growing the out from 2". They are now 4"+.

I find that they grow quickly if you do the same waterchange like you do for discus.

I can not believe you have Frontosas!! Well, how cool is that I ask you! They are beautiful, Dan! I will need to pick your brain....they know me quite well over at Cyphos now

I am so glad you have Fronts!
    Last edited by Kindredspirit; 01-02-2008 at 10:51 PM.

hee-hee....silly girl....
    Thinks she can just walk away from discus......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast