AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

Default Re: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

Hey Marie,

I will miss you too, even though I am not on the forum as much as I used to be. But you clearly added a "je ne sais quoi" to the whole thing! Your wit and warmth, in particular will be MISSED!!!!!!!
    Best of luck with your new fish, they look really interesting and I would love for you to stay in touch. I have sent you a PM with my email.
    Your French friend,

Sophie

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BSW View Post
    Well, Marie !
    Let us know what happened ? Has the dirty deed been done ?
    B
    Yes, Brenda ~ it was done on Thursday @10am they were in the tank and the tears were dropping.....

Quote Originally Posted by sophie68 View Post
    Hey Marie,

I will miss you too, even though I am not on the forum as much as I used to be. But you clearly added a "je ne sais quoi" to the whole thing! Your wit and warmth, in particular will be MISSED!!!!!!!
    Best of luck with your new fish, they look really interesting and I would love for you to stay in touch. I have sent you a PM with my email.
    Your French friend,

Sophie

French is my favorite language, Sophie! I can hear you say that line in my head! Yes, I rec'vd your pm and sent one to you.

We will stay in touch.

Thank You!!

Oh how sad Marie -
    I was going to ask you if you cried ? But didn't want to rub a sad subject !
    BUT, Kenny is just down the road from you, I guess now the challenge will be to see how long you can hold out !
    I may someday move to SF, Ca. BUT I'd be SOOOOOO broke, living that close to Daly City !!!!
    Hope it all goes really well for you !
    B

HEY Marie! Glad to talk to you.

We are moved. Everything went surprisingly well! Going from Ohio to TX is such a boring drive. I miss the big city.

My training is practically over. And luckily, we're here in the butt of America for ONLY 2 more months. 8 weeks and we move again! But I'm REALLY excited for our next location. We are getting stationed in Santa Barbara, California for the next 4 years at Vandenberg!! I'm gonna be a Cali-girl! I'll be there at the beginning of May (I have some other random training to do before we get there). And I'll have a WHOLE 4 years to have discus in one spot!! We may even stay there when I get out of the AF so I may even have longer.

Enough about me. It's been a rough 7 months without discus. I still have my 55 gallon and I even started a 20 gallon saltwater down here. I'm keeping my poor school of silver dollars and what's leftover of my german rams. And then I have a clownfish saltwater tank which is actually easier than keeping discus!!!

Before I move I'm getting rid of all the fish I have now and going discus only when I get to Cali. very excited.

It's good to hear from you!! Take care and I'll see you around here. I know you won't be able to resist the comforting glow of simplydiscus.com forums....
    - M "Dying for Discus"

You never know, Marie might get Kenny into Chiclids along with discus. lol

Hi Marie:

I started to write a long winded message to you but my longin to simply timed out and I lost it lol!... suffice it to say that you will be missed for your friendly out going and helpful manner as you are a credit to this forum!.....

You laughed at my humor and made me feel welcome when I joined this forum for that I thank-you...

All the best in your new adventures and I know you'll be back as there is no cure once you've been bitten by this hobby!
    Trog!

Discus! It's an addiction!!

Oh how sad Marie -
    I was going to ask you if you cried ? But didn't want to rub a sad subject !
    BUT, Kenny is just down the road from you, I guess now the challenge will be to see how long you can hold out !
    I may someday move to SF, Ca. BUT I'd be SOOOOOO broke, living that close to Daly City !!!!

B
    I cried, Brenda But I think I may be over it ~ You might move to the City?? That is so not fair! Hey, discus would not make you broke but the cost of living in SF may! I grew up there and it is my true home.....

I get my 125 tomorrow.........!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dying for Discus View Post
    HEY Marie! Glad to talk to you.

We are moved. Everything went surprisingly well! Going from Ohio to TX is such a boring drive. I miss the big city.

My training is practically over. And luckily, we're here in the butt of America for ONLY 2 more months. 8 weeks and we move again! But I'm REALLY excited for our next location. We are getting stationed in Santa Barbara, California for the next 4 years at Vandenberg!! I'm gonna be a Cali-girl! I'll be there at the beginning of May (I have some other random training to do before we get there). And I'll have a WHOLE 4 years to have discus in one spot!! We may even stay there when I get out of the AF so I may even have longer.

Enough about me. It's been a rough 7 months without discus. I still have my 55 gallon and I even started a 20 gallon saltwater down here. I'm keeping my poor school of silver dollars and what's leftover of my german rams. And then I have a clownfish saltwater tank which is actually easier than keeping discus!!!

Before I move I'm getting rid of all the fish I have now and going discus only when I get to Cali. very excited.

It's good to hear from you!! Take care and I'll see you around here. I know you won't be able to resist the comforting glow of simplydiscus.com forums....
    So from one Cali Girl to another....Why Southern Cali?? Move up North, Melissa!!

You take care, woman and stay well.

Quote Originally Posted by AADiscus View Post
    Well, Rams would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    Hi Marie:

I started to write a long winded message to you but my longin to simply timed out and I lost it lol!... suffice it to say that you will be missed for your friendly out going and helpful manner as you are a credit to this forum!.....

You laughed at my humor and made me feel welcome when I joined this forum for that I thank-you...

All the best in your new adventures and I know you'll be back as there is no cure once you've been bitten by this hobby!
    Thank You So Much, really ~ I appreciate it more than you know.

Phew, been away from here for awhile and come to read this, Marie. You must feel better now, it would have been a hard decision, I know that (a "been there, done that" with myself a while back).

And then Dan posted those pics of his frontosas and I can see why you went from all colors of the rainbow to blue and black! They are going to look great in your new huge tank. And of course, pics we want once you get them, kay?

Hope all is well with you.

.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Hey Marie!!!.........Cya!!!

Dont let the door hit ya in the butt on the way out!!

Hows that woman?....
    Mark

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Hey Marie, I have 8" bulldog spotteds coming in lol, your sure you're not into them anymore??? j/k

Have the most fun with your new Frontosas lady! Stay in touch my friend.

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

To funny Kenny !!!
    Keep poking her, we'll see how long it takes her to fold !!!!!
    This can be "contest #2"
    To see how long it takes Marie to get Discus again -
    Awe, Marie -
    You know I'm only kidding, I wish you the very best with the Frontosas,
    Hope to see some pics soon, and hope you really enjoy them.
    B

Talking Re: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

To funny Kenny !!!
    This can be "contest #2"
    Awe, Marie -
    B
    Yup B and she knows we're not bluffing here!

Kenny
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Quote Originally Posted by AADiscus View Post
    Hmm Angela wouldn't that be nice? I'll convert the bedroom into another cichlids room lol... Thanks Angela!

Kenny

Registered Member

Smile Re: The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye....

Hi kid sorry to see you wont be here as much, I always enjoyed your humor, wit and knowledge. I hope your still not smoking. take care of yourself Ed PS after seeing a picture of you you are quite the looker

Quote Originally Posted by traco View Post
    And then Dan posted those pics of his frontosas and I can see why you went from all colors of the rainbow to blue and black! They are going to look great in your new huge tank. And of course, pics we want once you get them, kay?

Hope all is well with you.

All is well, Barb! The best it has been for me in over a year ~

Can you believe Dan has Fronts? I could not! He is on Cyphos too

Quote Originally Posted by bastalker View Post
    Hey Marie!!!.........Cya!!!

Dont let the door hit ya in the butt on the way out!!

Hows that woman?....

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny's Discus View Post
    Hey Marie, I have 8" bulldog spotteds coming in lol, your sure you're not into them anymore??? j/k

Have the most fun with your new Frontosas lady! Stay in touch my friend.

Kenny
    You are a NUT! Now if you had said.....White Butterfly.....that probably would not have made a difference either!

I will live through Liz's in a few weeks.

To funny Kenny !!!
    This can be "contest #2"
    Awe, Marie -
    B
    aww...Brenda, man....

Hey I saw that you want some BD? Check out my pictures in the Gallery somewheres.....remember they can look GREEN, when taken with a flash ~ without ~ they look BLUE.

Good Luck, Brenda ~ I will be around.

Yup B and she knows we're not bluffing here!

Kenny

Hmm Angela wouldn't that be nice? I'll convert the bedroom into another cichlids room lol... Thanks Angela!

Kenny

Now that would be GREAT!! Want some help converting that room, babe?

I miss my chair

However ~ there are a few Front breeders/importers in the City!

Quite a few apparently.......they could hook you up! Also in Fresno, Napa....AND.......right near Mikey Where I will be getting mine ~ when I go to his "Grand Opening"......Frontosas everywhere, Kenny!

Quote Originally Posted by tacks View Post
    Hi kid sorry to see you wont be here as much, I always enjoyed your humor, wit and knowledge. I hope your still not smoking. take care of yourself Ed PS after seeing a picture of you you are quite the looker

ED!! How the hell are you? I am NOT smoking! Well....I did have a half of a friends nasty ~ whatever the hell he smokes....ugh! That was a while ago...but nope.......I'm good!

And the funny thing is I am really really starting to see the $200 - $250 a month I have left over, Ed! Once I could not figure out why I had so much....

But ~

Then.........

Thanks, Ed...for the compliment, really.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast