AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Do you like FISHING!

Default Re: Do you like FISHING!

Hey Joe! I'm always tracking your fishing thread... merges one love with another, you brilliant son of a gun

That property has tons of deer, turkey, some resident bobcats, and last year saw a piglet cross path (no bueno if signs of pigs). We get residential tags for thinning out the gator population (and you'd die laughing watching us).

I don't eat the reds... I just love catching them due to the fight (and hell... like any of us guys... we don't care if it's a whale or 2inch bluegill... we just like a "good tug" ... often... ).

Now days I only keep non-fishy fish (triggers, sheepshead, spades, ... predominantly mollusk-eating fish) or cobia, flounder, and grouper (they don't taste fishy to me & low mercury levels). Spades coming in close to nearshore reefs soon. About 3 weeks out.

I told my buddy, Pete, he's a jackass for not cutting line with the marlin since it was a mahi-only tourney. But turns out the whole team egged him on because they knew he'd throw up afterwards and have a killer sunburn (which apparently has brought good luck to them in the past... I still would've cut the line to focus on target species... then again, Pete sunburnt and puking is pretty funny).

Pete's family has over 1000 acres on Johns Island, SC. It has been in the family for over 300 years. Multiple families still on property. VERY cool history. First cotton gin, unfortunately they had slaves early on and we've recovered tags, they found the signed document from King of England in a false wall of abandoned early generation house when the State directed them to find it in order to fall under a special tax regarding historical land, with that document they found several hundred books over 300 years old (his Grandfather drove old tractor into the wall on a whim thinking, "that wall just doesn't look right"!), ... here are a few pics of property on my latest drive out to the lake....

20210515_192943.jpg

20210515_193039.jpg

20210515_193157.jpg

20210515_193022.jpg

20210515_193109.jpg

20210515_193317.jpg

20210515_193306.jpg
    Last edited by pastry; 05-24-2021 at 01:39 AM.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    That's a sweet set up Fritz
    I like how your tent is set up off the ground. That would be real handy here in Australia, to keep all the nasty critters we have out, especially some of the world's most venomous snakes.
    That's a really nice Drum, i bet they pull hard too.
    Thanks for sharing your pics.

On a side note, i'm turning 60 in June, and have decided to treat myself to a two day charter chasing swordfish. I was torn between catching my first sword out of Ft Lauderdale, Florida, or here at Malacoota Victoria. Since we are restricted from traveling overseas at the moment, its going to be here in Victoria. I have someone lined up to take me out who has lots of experience and success, and catches some beauties. Ive known Richie from 'Dream Catcher' since i first started game fishing nearly 25 years ago.

I'll be sure to fill you all in on how it all goes when it happens. Due to it being weather dependent, we don't have a set date, but my bag is packed and im ready to go at short notice.

Attachment 131308
    Sounds like a great time. We are going back on the 11th for 3 days. Hoping for more variety this time. Bringing my ultralight setup also. Hopefully we both have great stories to tell.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Elliot. The property looks spectacular, and with all that history, even more special. I'm hoping that we get a chance to do something together one day...i know i have an open invitation

Fritz. Good luck with your upcoming trip, and hang on to that ultralight...that reel is going to burn.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Your darn right you have an open invite, Joe! I love showing folks secret little Lowcountry paradises with a good balance of relaxation with exploration plus great people. Absolutely any time, Joe One of these days I plan to get down to Australia and New Zealand... I was an East Coast Marine so I never got to experience the Pacific.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Your darn right you have an open invite, Joe! I love showing folks secret little Lowcountry paradises with a good balance of relaxation with exploration plus great people. Absolutely any time, Joe One of these days I plan to get down to Australia and New Zealand... I was an East Coast Marine so I never got to experience the Pacific.

Thanks Elliot.

Here's hoping that it will happen, sooner than later.

There are some great spots dotted along the Pacific, one of which, the Cooke Islands which i was suppose to visit. I had flights and accommodation booked but the trip was canceled because of Covid -19. I had planned on catching my first Bone fish on the flats, surrounded by some amazing scenery.

I was feeling a little bumbed out the other day with all that was going on with the virus and all the restriction laid upon us, even to leave our own homes let alone traveling to other states or countries. A good friend made me see that i have alot more to be grateful for than i thought. We will both just have to wait a little while to get over this little hurdle.

l hope you make it to New Zealand and Australia, they both are really beautiful and present some amazing fishing opportunities. I hope that i can be apart of one of them for you.

Stay well, and keep safe

cooke island.jpg

aitutaki bone fishing.jpg

Real Name
    Fritz

I fished in the Marshalls which looks a lot like that. Caught so many fish right off the reef. Was amazing.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Joe,
    I'm hoping I get to. Wouldn't ask you to be a facilitator but would certainly love for you to be "a part if" If ever in my area, I don't mind being a facilitator though (if need be!... easy due to network but would never ask the same in return!)

Fritz,
    I'll tell you what, I'm jealous of you! Great fishing on both inshore & offshore where you are. Sucks here for offshore due to shelf being waaaaay out from us. And I HATE to admit... but I've had a damn good time any time I was in Texas! (Hell... I never wanted a tattoo and ended up with one on my left butt cheek after one of my Texas trips... I forget all the time until getting out of the shower and at times catching a glimpse at the right angle in the mirror... still cracks me up... best souvenir ever)
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Fritz,
    I'll tell you what, I'm jealous of you! Great fishing on both inshore & offshore where you are. Sucks here for offshore due to shelf being waaaaay out from us. And I HATE to admit... but I've had a damn good time any time I was in Texas! (Hell... I never wanted a tattoo and ended up with one on my left butt cheek after one of my Texas trips... I forget all the time until getting out of the shower and at times catching a glimpse at the right angle in the mirror... still cracks me up... best souvenir ever)
    Great fishing here in Texas, find the seldom used tanks around our house. Catch lots of little bass and big perch. My love is the ocean though. I don't worry about the fishing as much as keeping my beer cold and in the shade with my wife. lol

Real Name
    Fritz

This weekend in Pt Lavaca Texas. Gorgeous weather. Caught flounder, trout and catfish also.

received_1299453890483483.jpg20211106_110645(0).jpg20211106_190739.jpg20211106_190731.jpg

Real Name
    Tom

Went out fishing a few weeks ago.75C2B04E-6BEC-4156-8C98-78989560A487.jpg. Yes it was heavy .

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Nice going guys!
    Just got out of 12 week lockdown, so I'm free to go fishing again as soon as the weather is suitable.

Real Name
    Fritz

Birthday Fishing Trip this weekend. Caught 4 hogs and a bunch freezer size ones. Hogs were catch and release. This is the spot.

https://indianolafishingmarina.com/

big *** fish.jpg
    big fish.jpg
    bigger.jpg
    biggy.jpg
    indianola1.jpg
    indianola2.jpg
    Last edited by famtsberg; 03-28-2022 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spellwing

Fritz, those are some giant damn black drum! nice! Hey, are those 2 old school cots side by side as your platform for tent? If so, what do you use to keep them from parting in case of stepping in the middle? (Bungie cords? ). I like that idea for keeping snakes out (or at least making it harder for them!)
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Fritz

https://www.aosom.com/item/outsunny-...ontent=Camping

Click on the link its that tent there.

Its a two person cot tent. full size bed. 10 inch air mattress I put on it, keep the 6 inch for a spare. very comfortable. Was 2 44 inch. 1 42 in and 1 40 inch. Big buggers.

Real Name
    Fritz

Made another trip to the Gulf. Going again next week. Hopefully more big ones.

nother big drum.jpg
    big *** drum.jpg

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast