AquaticSuppliers.com     Kenny's Discus

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Do you like FISHING!

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default Re: Do you like FISHING!

Fishing is always fascinating, but the big ones are too scary for me. You people are impressive!

iTrader
    Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Archer View Post
    I love fishing. My dad and I often go fishing together but my dad does all the technical hard work. I just put them in the freezer and cheer my dad up.
    I like how you go fishing with your dad. I also do all the rigging when my kids come fishing with me, hoping that some of my knowledge rubs off on them, but the most pleasurable thing for me is the quality time we spend together.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreetta View Post
    Fishing is always fascinating, but the big ones are too scary for me. You people are impressive!
    Thanks for dropping in, and for your reply. Fishing certainly is fascinating, but don't let the big ones scare you. Ive had some epic battles with the smaller ones as well....sometimes they win the battle.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

iTrader
    Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I hope that everyone on here is safe and well, during this difficult time.

Being stuck at home is a small price to pay to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Some countries are suffering more than others with large quantities of lives lost.

Here in Australia my line of work is considered as an 'essential service' so i do have the opportunity from time to time to head out and provide clients with some home maintenance. The only other time we are allowed out is for buying groceries, exercise, and for health issues.

The thing i am missing the most is gatherings and contact with family and friends, as well as a fishing trip here and there.
    All of the other states in Australia are still allowing people to go fishing to collect food as long as they abide by the social distancing regulations, but not my state of Victoria, for whatever reason. In the meantime all i can do is go through the 1000's of pictures i have in albums of my fishing adventures and reminisce of the good times I've had. Its not always about me catching a fish, but mostly seeing others catch their first, or the antics we would get up to during trips or competitions.

I may have said this before, but as much as l love my fishing, l love where it takes me and all the people l meet along the way whom i can now call friends.

So as i was looking through my albums I've pulled out a few to share that have put a smile on my face.

We are all in this together, and together we will pull through.

Name:  1-20151104_103518.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  46.2 KB Name:  1-20151109_142250-001.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  61.0 KB Name:  5.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  223.7 KB Name:  cropped barra2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  87.5 KBName:  dfgd.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  75.4 KB Name:  GT3.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  174.8 KB Name:  iian striped marlin.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  490.7 KB Name:  P7140021.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  155.1 KBName:  PA070133.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  159.1 KB Name:  pirate11.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  149.9 KB Name:  sig.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  279.6 KB

iTrader

They just opened up boat ramps in my state. I'm getting out next weekend. I have to wait for a low tide first though in order to go to one of my bait spots where a bunch of Malik gets trapped during low tide. Haven't been able to go to the beach shop since it's been closed. I've had access to a Buddies 64 acre saltwater lake that has plenty of mullet but I just haven't felt like dealing with the alligators that are also in there.
    -Elliot

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Daniel

Nice trip down memory lane mate. Nice spanyid. Tasty barra & pinky. That's a big black Marlin, was she a grander? Beast of a GT, those buggers are tough as nails, even on heavy gear they give ya a severe arm stretching. Makin me home sick yo! Cheers Joe

iTrader
    Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    They just opened up boat ramps in my state. I'm getting out next weekend. I have to wait for a low tide first though in order to go to one of my bait spots where a bunch of Malik gets trapped during low tide. Haven't been able to go to the beach shop since it's been closed. I've had access to a Buddies 64 acre saltwater lake that has plenty of mullet but I just haven't felt like dealing with the alligators that are also in there.
    Hi Elliot
    I'm glad that you may be able to get out for a fish, but having to deal with alligators would just add to the adventure, which reminds me alot of when i use to fish for barramundi at Lakefield National Park in far north Queensland, and where my Baramundi picture was taken.
    Good luck with your trip this weekend, would be great to see some pics of the 'Malik' bait you use and what you catch with it.
    I was watching some utube fishing clips last night and came across some crazy striper fishing at Cape Code Canal.

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Nice trip down memory lane mate. Nice spanyid. Tasty barra & pinky. That's a big black Marlin, was she a grander? Beast of a GT, those buggers are tough as nails, even on heavy gear they give ya a severe arm stretching. Makin me home sick yo! Cheers Joe
    Hi Dan
    We estimated that Black Marlin at 850lb. We prefer to tag and release all marlin caught but this one made some spectacular jumps in a full tight arc at the start of the battle which lead to it getting tail wrapped and drowned.
    My most memorable trips were always north of our states border, and the further north i went the crazier it got.

iTrader
    Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Not being able to fish for awhile was a small price to pay to help keep our state safe, but boy, am l going to enjoy cleaning these little suckers and eat them tonight. My son Mathew and i both caught our bag limit of ten per person, but we were having so much fun we kept catching them and letting them go.

Is anyone else allowed to enjoy the sport and practicing proper social distancing rules, getting out?

Name:  96836111_10157915044735266_38005456932700160_n.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  60.4 KB Name:  97319443_10157915044525266_9035467084510789632_n.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  45.6 KB

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031